Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fit-5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fit-5

    has there been a thread on this, my dept just got a couple of these things, any body use these?

  • #2
    use the search feature
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

    Comment


    • #3
      Send a PM to George.....
      "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

      Comment


      • #4
        Kentland has one on their engine...guess fires are getting to hot for them.

        Comment


        • #5
          This from "Firefighter Hourly".....



          May 05, 2009
          Arson The Focus In May

          The U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) in conjunction with the Coalition Against Insurance Fraud, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) is focusing National Arson Awareness Week (AAW) May 3-9, 2009, on the theme "Arson for Profit". Experts fear the current economic crisis will reverse the recent downward trend and drive an alarming increase in building arson fires, particularly in regions hardest hit by recession.

          A new and innovative technology from ARA Safety is changing all that.

          Firefighters and arson investigators have discovered that ARA Safety's Fire Interruption Technology, FIT-5, is a powerful ally in their fight against arson. FIT-5 is a compact light fire attack tool using an environmentally safe extinguishing agent that stops fire in seconds without the use of water.

          FIT-5 rapidly lowers fire temperature and knocks down flames, suppressing the fire so that firefighters can enter the building with a higher degree of safety to completely extinguish the fire using only a fraction of the water required by conventional building firefighting techniques.

          In a recent arson fire in Canada, FIT-5 was so effective in suppressing the fire that literally only a few gallons of water were required to completely extinguish it. This resulted in the crime scene being preserved essentially intact for arson investigators, who were able to make arrests based on evidence remaining at the scene.

          Posted at 08:26 AM in In The News | Permalink

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh boy....this is gonna get good.......
            "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by don120 View Post
              Firefighters and arson investigators have discovered that ARA Safety's Fire Interruption Technology, FIT-5, is a powerful ally in their fight against arson. FIT-5 is a compact light fire attack tool using an environmentally safe extinguishing agent that stops fire in seconds without the use of water.

              FIT-5 rapidly lowers fire temperature and knocks down flames, suppressing the fire so that firefighters can enter the building with a higher degree of safety to completely extinguish the fire using only a fraction of the water required by conventional building firefighting techniques.

              In a recent arson fire in Canada, FIT-5 was so effective in suppressing the fire that literally only a few gallons of water were required to completely extinguish it. This resulted in the crime scene being preserved essentially intact for arson investigators, who were able to make arrests based on evidence remaining at the scene.

              Posted at 08:26 AM in In The News | Permalink
              George is an arson investigator and he LOVES it
              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

              Comment


              • #8
                So these MUTTS yeah, I said it, are trying to say that their frggin' gizmo made in someone's garage is reducing the arson problem? These people are the lowest forms of life imaginable.

                I friggin' DARE one of these POS to come on this thread and try to defend this blatant false adevertising. I DARE them. They won't show. They have no balls.

                But, since I am leaving in a few hours for the IAAI conference in Arlington, TX, I most certainly will bring this up and I would be surprised if there aren't a few more mad folks.
                PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

                Comment


                • #9
                  this just looks like a glorified fire extinguisher.
                  ~Big O~

                  Tankers have wheels and carry water, Tenders are breaded and served with BBQ sauce

                  (if you don't believe me Google it)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MoosemanKBB527 View Post
                    this just looks like a glorified fire extinguisher.
                    Sure, didn't you ever see "Backdraft"?
                    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                    Paincourtville, LA

                    "I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And...........

                      I'm in for Six Pages......... Dwayne, You holdin' the pool??.....
                      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                      In memory of
                      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

                      IACOJ Budget Analyst

                      I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

                      www.gdvfd18.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I want to know what happened to fit-1 through fit-4? Are they out on OnDemand yet? Right next to the first five Leonard movies and seven minute abs.
                        So you call this your free country
                        Tell me why it costs so much to live
                        -3dd

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                          I'm in for Six Pages......... Dwayne, You holdin' the pool??.....

                          Sure, who needs the OP? We'll keep it alive....
                          Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                          Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                          Paincourtville, LA

                          "I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                          — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SIMP0LMAN View Post
                            has there been a thread on this, my dept just got a couple of these things, any body use these?
                            Wow. A couple of them?

                            I guess in for a penny, in for a pound.

                            There are fire departments in NJ that can't afford turnouts and some are buying a "couple" of these unproven devices.

                            What's wrong with this picture?
                            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

                            "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

                            "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hmmn,Popcorn? Check! Iced tea? Check! This oughta be good. Chuck and ducks! I'd rather use a 1.75 and a couple FF's but what do I know?

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X