No announcement yet.

LED or Bulbs which is better in smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of total light output, the xenon bulb produces more light than current LED lights on the market. LED's continue to evolve and improve their lumen per watt output (on average every 2 yrs they drastically improve their performance) but don't yet meet a xenon bulb's output for the same price point.

It's important to remember that the bulb or LED is not the only thing determining how much light is coming out of the front of the flashlight. The reflector is very important. Matching a good light source (xenon bulb or LED) to a good reflector is critical. The better they are matched, the better the usable light output.

Multiple LED's in a flashlight signify it is an old design. Back then, you had to use many LED's in order to get any meaningful output. Today's newest designs use only one ultra-bright LED. They are plenty bright and use highly polished reflectors to focus the light.

The best bet is to look at a few of the newest designs and decide for yourself. Two newly designed LED lights come to mind: Streamlight Survivior LED and Bright Star Lighthawk LED.

But as I said earlier, xenon still produces more light. If the LED is not yet bright enough for you...wait 2 yrs, they are sure to get brighter!

Ray
    QFL

Comment

AHHH, but there is still the problem of penetration and distance. The inverse square law of light still applies. So, it does not really matter how bright a bulb is if it does not have the penetration of distance. LED's have gotten better, they are still very bright at short distances, but do not have the penetrating abilities.
      Jason Brooks
      IAFF Local 2388
      IACOJ

Comment

FoxFury

I guys, I have been playing around with he FoxFury, I found a video of one in use, it's not me using it. but you can tell the difference. At first I was a little old school about having this light on my helmet, I always used the Advanced light FD-1, which I do still Love, but with the Foxfury on my helmet, I didn't have to point the light, it pointed where my head direction was.
        Here is the link http://site.emergencyresponderproduc...eo/foxfury.wmv

this is where I bought it.
        http://www.emergencyresponderproducts.com/helico20.html

Stay Safe.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader