Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tactical pics from FH.coms story......is this even RIGHT??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I have. When you first feel that sheetrock fall from the ceiling you have to wonder....

I've definitely been scared.

Me too

Service station, cars , gas tanks, Whew... I P'd a little, But held most of it .
    Originally posted by FyredUp
    The only way to compensate for actual incident experience is to be trained properly, using established and accepted criteria, by those experienced enough to actually know what they are talking about.

Comment

Putting water trough the a ventilation hole in the roof -No, unless it's a special situation, it will indeed disturb the "atmosphere" inside. The intensity of the fire might even increase.
      Essentially it'll pull air in that will feed oxygen to the fire, it'll add a lot of steam and push heat and smoke down and out other ways, this all depending on a lot of factors of course. But the result is nonetheless unpleasant for people inside. Worst case results in steamed firefighters.

Putting water onto the roof is a whole different matter that can be done sometimes, if the roof itself is burning, or to prevent it from starting to burn.

On the picture, I don't see anyone putting water straight trough holes down. There are special situations where it might be most effective to extinguish trough the roof, such as some cases of attic fires where it's harder to go from below or trough the sides, some one mentioned double roofs.

Comment

Common sense

If they don't feel the structure is safe enough to be under the roof, then no one should be on the roof.
        PGFD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X