Training Seminar at the "Rock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Seminar at the "Rock"

In case anyone is interested there will be a training seminar at the FDNY Training Acdemy, sponsored by the New York Firefighters Burn Center Foundation, on March 3rd 2007 (Saturday). These seminars have a long history of excellance. This years will be just as good. All are welcome....for more information go to the NYFFBCF website:

http://www.nyffburncenter.com/LTJamesCurranSeminar.htm

None of the instructors are paid, all proceeds go to the foundation
    Last edited by MattyJ; 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM.

How much is it? I looked at the link and did not see anything about an addmission price. Looks like a good class and the money will go to a great foundation.

Comment

It's just under a month away. Going to see about making it up there. But, as was asked, what's the cost...and is there a registration process or limit on the number of attendees?

Comment

Originally posted by TFD9427 View Post
        How much is it? I looked at the link and did not see anything about an addmission price. Looks like a good class and the money will go to a great foundation.

I think it is a nominal donation to the BurnCenter fund the last one was in 2002 or 03 I think and probably asked for $25 or $30 donation...it is more than worth it for many compared to what your departments would pay to see these guys in Indy, AC or hired for a local seminiar.

Usually they also have their artists prints and training videos for sale as well to raise money.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Its a $25.00 donation to get in, and no pre-registration....as FFred said, there will be shirts,videos etc...for sale, lunch included and some great instructors..its usually a great day.

Comment

And for 25 bucks you get not only invaluable information, but a taste at what it SMELLS like to be a Probationary Firefighter with the City of New York! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
              And for 25 bucks you get not only invaluable information, but a taste at what it SMELLS like to be a Probationary Firefighter with the City of New York! :-)

Ahhh the sweet smell of poop!

Its not too bad in the winter though. Glad I didnt go to proby school in the summer!

I went to the one a couple years ago, it was a great class. Good presentations, and like Fred said, much cheaper than having to go to FDIC or one of those things, or have them present in a seminar at your FD. Plus, the money goes to a great cause.
              Last edited by nyckftbl; 02-06-2007, 02:56 AM.
              Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
                Ahhh the sweet smell of poop!

Its not too bad in the winter though. Glad I didnt go to proby school in the summer!

I went to the one a couple years ago, it was a great class. Good presentations, and like Fred said, much cheaper than having to go to FDIC or one of those things, or have them present in a seminar at your FD. Plus, the money goes to a great cause.

Oh...no it still stinks out there in the winter....kind of like sour kraut

Comment

Just wait until the water park is put in! Its gonna be great.
                  Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
                    Just wait until the water park is put in! Its gonna be great.
                    I wanna ride the Log Flume!

FTM-PTB

Comment

I think this should be reposted in the general firefighting forum. I dont know if many check this section.

Comment

Looks like good training.

Comment

All are welcome?
                          Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Absolutly.....anyone from any department.

Comment

Oh snap!

Perhaps it's time to push RoadTrip2007 up a week so that the crew can attend this while out....

Hmmmm...
                              Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                              Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                              FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X