Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large caliber stream ny multiversal/stang>>>

Never used it at a fire, only probie school
    It pumps out a lot of water and a lot of back pressure which is why it's supposed to be tied off to 2 substantial objects in front of the multiversal/stang.
    My question is...what if there is nothing to tie off to, can this stang be operated without tying off or is the back pressure too much to hold down?
    Thanks for reading and sharing. Great site
    PS...there's also a chain and hook attached to the base, what is this for?

Originally posted by FDNYbop View Post
    Never used it at a fire, only probie school
    It pumps out a lot of water and a lot of back pressure which is why it's supposed to be tied off to 2 substantial objects in front of the multiversal/stang.
    My question is...what if there is nothing to tie off to, can this stang be operated without tying off or is the back pressure too much to hold down?
    Thanks for reading and sharing. Great site
    PS...there's also a chain and hook attached to the base, what is this for?

Some companies carry railroad spikes, that can be driven into the ground, to use as your tie off points.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Looping the hose around the front of the unit and tying it to the hose is another option.

Comment

We carry a few pieces of steel rebar about 2' long, which can be pounded into the ground and used to tie off. The one we have also has spikes built into the 4 legs on the base, which can be pounded into asphalt to secure the base(we still tie off). The chain is used to secure around a tree, telephone pole, etc.

Comment

Couple Halligans & a Sledge is another...depending on ground conditions. Drive the halligans in as the anchor points.

The modern "rams horn" style are less prone to taking off then the old fashion ones that had 2 or 3 2.5" Inlets and were basically "straight."

HOWEVER...that's kind of "less prone" the same way modern fire hose is less prone to catastrophic bursts...when it happens, hold on to your hats, you're going for a ride.

Or in my case, remarking it made a lot more sparks then you thought it could as you watch it skidder across the parking lot

I like the re-bar idea though so you wouldn't have to tie up real tools!

Comment

Were you awake in Probie school bro??? Come on. Does your house got any senior men to drill with??

Comment

Either he was asleep or is just pulling at straws to start a conversation on the forum? Keeps asking questions that were easily covered thoroughly in probie school or that he can ask one of the senior ff's....
              FireFighter/EMT
              Rescue 1

IACOJ
              FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by MattyJ View Post
                Were you awake in Probie school bro??? Come on. Does your house got any senior men to drill with??

I think there is something very odd about this kid. I'm pretty sure he didn't come out of our probie school....or at least I hope not.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by FFFRED View Post
                  I think there is something very odd about this kid. I'm pretty sure he didn't come out of our probie school....or at least I hope not.

FTM-PTB
                  I hope not too, but these days it would'nt surprise me!

Comment

Yes, but they're usually too drunk to drill with.

Comment

You are a total embarassment.
                      IACOJ Member

Comment

I knew it. I assumed in his other post that he belonged to that awsome NYC firehouse, the Engine 66/Ladder 62 house or the only ALS Squad in NY, Squad 55. But seeing this, he definitly belongs to 66/62.
                        Co 11
                        Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Comment

Just proved you're not on the job.

Comment

Sure pretend that you dont drink on the job Matty. LIAR!

Just proved you're not on the job.

Comment

Sure pretend that you dont drink on the job Matty. LIAR!

You are more than welcome to come to my firehouse to find out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X