No announcement yet.

What Gloves???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gloves I have are so hard to work in and have a hard time getting a good grip with them. I've also relized you get a better grip with rescue/extrication gloves. Thats what I'm most likely switching to.

Comment

Originally posted by FDNYco10 View Post
      The gloves I have are so hard to work in and have a hard time getting a good grip with them. I've also relized you get a better grip with rescue/extrication gloves. Thats what I'm most likely switching to.
      You are switching to the rescue/extrication gloves to do what type of work????

If it is for rescue/extrication, you should already have a pair for this purpose. Now if it is for structural firefighting, those gloves were not make for that purpose and you could get yourself hurt.

There are a few manufacturers that are making combination extrication/structural gloves that are becoming very popular. I have one of these, and the dexterity is quite impressive.
      Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

Originally posted by captwmfd1 View Post
        Disclaimer: While a volunteer firefighter for 20 plus years, I also work for Morning Pride (sister company of American Firewear which makes the Super Glove)

Guys, call SEI the former certifier of the ProTech 8 or NFPA....this glove is de-listed. ProTech8 website confirms same and blames a NFPA Formal Interpretation that "changes" the 1971 standard. Formal Interpretations do NOT change a standard, they establish what the Committee ALWAYS meant. Again, call NFPA for clarification of this point.
        So, please check it out before you wear these gloves in heat or fire. ProTech has a new glove coming, but per their website it is not yet available. There is no mention on the website of any recall offer. We have been very open that, in our lab, the glove did NOT appear to offer NFPA required performance levels in a number of areas. Our lab is free if you want to test our gloves or a competitors. Bottom line: find out the facts yourself but do not assume the ProTech8 is still certified.

Geez Brother, I appreciate the heads up, but at the same time it's tactics like this that have turned many of us off to TFG.
        Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
        Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Comment

Was also nonsense. As I understand it, Protech certification has been confirmed and NFPA took disiplinary action towards TFG and employees of TFG who sat (formerly) on NFPA committees over their muck raking and bashing of Protech with this issue.

Protech glove has been updated and improved and is now called the Titan.

Comment

We just switched to the blue/koala FDP from Shelby. We love them. Nice dexterity compared to their other models. A bit pricey at $85 pr, but we only buy them for people who are doing alot of calls, show up for drill...etc. Kinda a little bonus for hard work
            Blandford Fire Department
            93 Main Street
            Blandford, Ma 01008

Comment

Bought a pair of shelby's and love em.

Had bought a set of protechs in Large non wristlet, way to small and my whole wrist was exsposed bought a Xlarge with wristlet and again way too small and tight.

A firefighter from a neighboring town got his hand cooked pretty good from radiant heat fighting a truck fire on 95 the other morning. From what I heard he was wearing the protechs.

Comment

I use Crosstech Direct Grip gloves from Shelby. They have great dexterity and are very comfortable.

www.calhounfire.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X