Forcible Door Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forcible Door Training

Lookin to Build a training door for forcible entry training. What if any ideas do you guys have. What types of locks should i include in training?

I would first look to your district to see the forcible entry problems that you may face.
    I forgot the name I think it is a power jamb? If it is the same device I was thinking of it is nice because it uses the same tools and techniques for conventional forcible entry that you use in real life.
    If you can I'd include a heavy duty hasp for padlock training as well as a deadbolt for through the lock work.

Comment

Josh, check out the Friction Force -forcible entry training door at allhandsfire.com. I have used one, and they are very durable and well designed, built to withstand tons of abuse, and pretty realistic. There are some good pictures on the site that show how it's put together, which should give you some good ideas. Click on the details and images links on the top left for the pics when you find it.

Comment

The training door by friction force is the best you can get - AWESOME. Many federal agencies and major cities are looking at them or have acquired them. They are incredible- I have used them at training sessions and really liked the reality - really fun too.

The guy I know that has alot of experience with them is a firefighter and sells the product - Tim. Great guy and experienced firefighter in CT - he is really awsome with forcible entry training. Why re-invent the wheel? They have something that is great....

Comment

check out the Friction Force -forcible entry training door at allhandsfire.com
          you mean this...
          Attached Files
          "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

That would be it Bones.. They can take a pretty good beating..

Comment

I'm the training officer for my department and I'm looking at spending some end of the fiscal year money on this unit. I've seen the videos on the website and it looks like a great piece of training equipment.

My goal in the next fiscal year is to build up our hands-on training equipment. I remember hearing a phrase something to the effect "Don't tell me how to do it, show me". I feel that hands-on is the best method for learning many of our tasks on the fireground.

Anybody got ideas for a roof simulator, peaked and flat?

Thanks
              Bob

Comment

XLTbob

I sent you a PM

Comment

Does anyone have any plans to built their OWN training door? I want on with a metal door that can be forced many times over. I took a class with a homeade one, and it was great. I forget the instructors email to see where he got it.

Any ideas?

Comment

Do a search and you'll see what our company made for training. It's strong, works well, and cost about $200. 3 hours to fabricate.

Comment

Also check out www.theinforcerllc.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...