• FIREMECH1
    replied
    Dude, really, resize your pics.

FM1

Leave a comment:

• ISUHawkeye
    replied
    pictures of a modified Stanley FUBAR

I know this is an old thread, but I recently modified a FUBAR for use, and I thought I would attache the pics for you to see.

Pics removed due to size
    Last edited by ISUHawkeye; 12-22-2010, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cap6888
    replied
    Looks like someone at Stanley was listening..........

I have one of the original FUBAR tools, and it works great for general construction/demolition. Even in it's smaller size, it does well as a prying tool, and with the new larger sizes, it probably could easily be used on most residential doors to force them. I can only surmise that since the original tool is good, solid, well built, fairly fireman proof tool, this new FD versions might catch on. I think the small 18 inch version would be a good tool to carry for an officer.

Stay Safe

I had some trouble with the above link, I just went to the Stanley home page and looked under new products and found the 3 new versions.

Leave a comment:

• TAFDTruck5FF
    replied
    Got my new issue of the other Fire mag, and it has the new Stanley tool in it...

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....ble+Entry+Tool
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jorescue
    replied
    they had this tool at fdic in the spring. It had a hydrant wrench built into the back of the jaws as well as gas shutoff at the pry end. they were asking for ideas and the fire version was supposed to come out around november. It wasn't going to be sold at lowe's or home depot, they said smaller hardware stores like ACE hardware.

Leave a comment:

• KAPNKRNCH
    replied
    Found some other tools that are good for overhaul. The top three are made by Demo Dawg, they do not have the weight advertised. Next is called the Gutster, some fire departments in the North are using them. And the last set are called "The Wreckers", this is my favorite shape for a pry bar, very versatile..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KAPNKRNCH; 09-26-2007, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KAPNKRNCH
    replied
    They have a smaller version, and a larger version. Smaller tool weighs 2.5 #'s and the large tool weighs 8 #'s, almost like a sledge with features.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KAPNKRNCH; 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cap6888
    replied
    Silly me Harve! I should have just thought of the BFH concept!

Leave a comment:

• LawFires
    replied
    I'll try to get a pic of mine and post it soon.

As a sidenote, I was carrying mine on my gut belt, but it now lives in my gear locker. I take it when I know I'll want to use it, but typically that is only in setting up for training (using it as a traditional demo tool).

For actual use, I found it to be too heavy to carry comfortably, too bulky to put on a gut belt and forget about it, and too little to be of great aide in actual fire conditions. I kept finding myself looking for a set of irons instead of using the Fubar.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Well..........

Originally posted by cap6888 View Post
    I remember seeing this when it first came out. I also thought how this might be a great personal tool. Can someone PLEASE post pics of the modifications you all made? The two things I thought would be good additions would be the hydrant wrench and gas shut off, both which have been mentioned. Also, for those of you who have altered it, would it be possible to alter it somehow to use as a spanner wrench (might come in handy on a high rise where the standpipe cap is tight).

Stay Safe

I see your point about the Standpipe caps, But, would tapping the the Lugs with the Hammer work??....... Just a thought.......... I am going to try to get one of these tools myself, just to see what I can come up with.

Leave a comment:

• cap6888
    replied
    I remember seeing this when it first came out. I also thought how this might be a great personal tool. Can someone PLEASE post pics of the modifications you all made? The two things I thought would be good additions would be the hydrant wrench and gas shut off, both which have been mentioned. Also, for those of you who have altered it, would it be possible to alter it somehow to use as a spanner wrench (might come in handy on a high rise where the standpipe cap is tight).

Stay Safe

Leave a comment:

• MedicalExplorer
    replied
    I was reading your posts
    of modding the fubar,,

Stanley has a site setup were you can submit ideas for changes that you want to see on there tools

of if you have an idea of a cool new tool you would like to see
    they take them too

http://www.inventions.stanleyworks.com/

Leave a comment:

• FIRENPQEFD
    replied
    Pictures Of Altered Fubar Please.

I Just Bought One. Looks Like It Could Have Alot Of Uses. I Have Someone Who Will Weld Or Altered Anything For Me. Just Need Some Ideas.

Leave a comment:

• mtrjt1
    replied
    Pictures? If anyone has the time I would love to see how you guys modified the fubar, it sounds like a great idea. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• chattfiremike
    replied
    pics of the altered tool

If any of you guys think of it get some pics of the altered fubar tool would love to see the add ons i'm concidering one.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X