Stanley FUBAR TOOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh:

What do you think of the weight of the FUBAR? Is 4 lbs too heavy?

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Comment

I've been carrying one as my personal tool for a few months now...very useful.

I did modify the jaws on it (a bit of grinding and a bit of welding) so it can be used as a hydrant wrench. If I was feeling very industrial, it woudl be easy enough to modify to also include a gas valve wrench.

The weight hasn't bothered me.

Comment

pics of the altered tool

If any of you guys think of it get some pics of the altered fubar tool would love to see the add ons i'm concidering one.
        "Lead Follow Or Get Out Of The Way"

Comment

Pictures? If anyone has the time I would love to see how you guys modified the fubar, it sounds like a great idea. Thanks

Comment

Pictures Of Altered Fubar Please.

I Just Bought One. Looks Like It Could Have Alot Of Uses. I Have Someone Who Will Weld Or Altered Anything For Me. Just Need Some Ideas.

Comment

I was reading your posts
              of modding the fubar,,

Stanley has a site setup were you can submit ideas for changes that you want to see on there tools

of if you have an idea of a cool new tool you would like to see
              they take them too

http://www.inventions.stanleyworks.com/

Comment

I remember seeing this when it first came out. I also thought how this might be a great personal tool. Can someone PLEASE post pics of the modifications you all made? The two things I thought would be good additions would be the hydrant wrench and gas shut off, both which have been mentioned. Also, for those of you who have altered it, would it be possible to alter it somehow to use as a spanner wrench (might come in handy on a high rise where the standpipe cap is tight).

Stay Safe
                Chris Polimeni
                Prince George's County FD
                Back at the Big 29er

Comment

Well..........

Originally posted by cap6888 View Post
                  I remember seeing this when it first came out. I also thought how this might be a great personal tool. Can someone PLEASE post pics of the modifications you all made? The two things I thought would be good additions would be the hydrant wrench and gas shut off, both which have been mentioned. Also, for those of you who have altered it, would it be possible to alter it somehow to use as a spanner wrench (might come in handy on a high rise where the standpipe cap is tight).

Stay Safe

I see your point about the Standpipe caps, But, would tapping the the Lugs with the Hammer work??....... Just a thought.......... I am going to try to get one of these tools myself, just to see what I can come up with.
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

I'll try to get a pic of mine and post it soon.

As a sidenote, I was carrying mine on my gut belt, but it now lives in my gear locker. I take it when I know I'll want to use it, but typically that is only in setting up for training (using it as a traditional demo tool).

For actual use, I found it to be too heavy to carry comfortably, too bulky to put on a gut belt and forget about it, and too little to be of great aide in actual fire conditions. I kept finding myself looking for a set of irons instead of using the Fubar.

Comment

Silly me Harve! I should have just thought of the BFH concept!
                      Chris Polimeni
                      Back at the Big 29er

Comment

They have a smaller version, and a larger version. Smaller tool weighs 2.5 #'s and the large tool weighs 8 #'s, almost like a sledge with features.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by KAPNKRNCH; 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Found some other tools that are good for overhaul. The top three are made by Demo Dawg, they do not have the weight advertised. Next is called the Gutster, some fire departments in the North are using them. And the last set are called "The Wreckers", this is my favorite shape for a pry bar, very versatile..
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by KAPNKRNCH; 09-26-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

they had this tool at fdic in the spring. It had a hydrant wrench built into the back of the jaws as well as gas shutoff at the pry end. they were asking for ideas and the fire version was supposed to come out around november. It wasn't going to be sold at lowe's or home depot, they said smaller hardware stores like ACE hardware.

Comment

Got my new issue of the other Fire mag, and it has the new Stanley tool in it...

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....ble+Entry+Tool
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like someone at Stanley was listening..........

I have one of the original FUBAR tools, and it works great for general construction/demolition. Even in it's smaller size, it does well as a prying tool, and with the new larger sizes, it probably could easily be used on most residential doors to force them. I can only surmise that since the original tool is good, solid, well built, fairly fireman proof tool, this new FD versions might catch on. I think the small 18 inch version would be a good tool to carry for an officer.

Stay Safe

I had some trouble with the above link, I just went to the Stanley home page and looked under new products and found the 3 new versions.
                                Chris Polimeni
                                Back at the Big 29er

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse