Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fubar Tool

Originally posted by fire0099881 View Post
    well I wasn't talking about going in yourself unless that's how you do things there. We always have 2 people going in at a time, so one has the hose and flashlight, and the other carrys the tools. I don't think I would trust a flashlight unless you beefed up the d-rings that hold the strap on, as I have bent several of them in the years I have been in the service ( and no it wasn't from doing stupid things with them) just my 2 cents worth
    No were also 2 in 2 out, im on an engine so the pipe man has the nozzle the officer has a tool of choice, and helps with the first line, everybody should have a flashlight day or night. yeah a flashlight is last choice i dont even carry one that could be used to escape, so my point was this tool is more than needs to be long and stronger than any truck guy. thanks brotha

Comment

Tried the FUBAR out at a class- some stanley reps brought it by... seemed to be sturdy enough, sucks as a hammer though, it was sending/shooting nails everywhere (glad for the eye-pro). I don't think I personally would use the FUBAR I didn't like it's feel but I was using it in building collapse situations.

Kickphatdan

Comment

Originally posted by JoshWebb View Post
        As far a escape if a flashlight can hold a full grown FF (as a min)
        Hey Josh can you expand on that alittle more? Is there some secret method of bailing out with a flashlight that I'm missing here..?
        The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
        KTF | DTRT

Comment

??Flashlight Bailout??

Originally posted by MattyS View Post
          Hey Josh can you expand on that alittle more? Is there some secret method of bailing out with a flashlight that I'm missing here..?
          in alot of the survival and safty classes around louisville, they show how a small everyday tool like a flashlight could be used to bail out a window. not somethin i would do unless the danger fits this escape, cause the chanch for fallin are much higher than usein a larger tool.
          Just sucure your rope, webbing whatever to the flashlight. Keep the flaslight low in the corner of the window allowing neither end of the light to slip out of its wedged position as you slide out the window and DOWN YA GO!!
          This works with a light such as the MAG or a similar like flashlight. We did this with a saftey system on so remmember that if tried. this only failed when we slid out the window with out makin shure the light stayed in the correct wedged position. Remember this is only one way of findin a way out and one that would be last on my list. Thanks Brother

Comment

Originally posted by JoshWebb View Post
            Yeah me and a guy across town talked of puttin one on there, but with the use of a halligan and brute force, from the truck guys, i dont know how much an officer here in louisville would use it. But i do see the use from an officer's stand point in some departments. we have the K-Tool on the trucks here but honestly i only know of twice i have used it, and both were on helpin EMS get into a home. Thanks for the imput, i would like to here more on why the k-tool should be on there, maybe you use this tool more than me. thanks Brotha.
            Our officers use the A tool http://www.firehooksunlimited.net/entry.html

The integrate lock puller works well when hit by an 8lb maul.

Comment

least i'm not the only one.

Saw this @ the local Lowes and thought it might have some practical applications @ my dept. However I was hesistant @ saying anything because i've been known to come up w/some home spun ideas on tools & rescue harness's. All of which have been looked upon w/mild amusement, but not taken to seriously.

Thank you for bringing this to the forums...I've gone ahead and email'd this to the asst and dep chiefs to see what they think.
              sigpic
              Yes the rigs are green. Can't lose a green fire engine in a parade, right?

Comment

Silly ideas

Hey man, im the same way. Dont get down on yourself. If ya aint thinkin on this job your dyin. There have been many of things thrown out, but the tools we keep around didnt just appear. I say have ideas, put them to use and try to make them fail. This way you will find its limitations prior to someone second QB'in. I have found some new use's for the tool, glad to share, maybe we could work together. Thanks brother. As a team we never fail.

Comment

Hmmmm good idea

Just did some remodelling and put an addition on my home, saw the fubar (at a home depot) and got one it was a very good tool for the demolition part of the job, and very handy with 'convincing' some not quiet straight 2" x 6" 's and 2" x 4" 's to get into line when needed. Think I will put it with my gear and try it out, (though I do like my "my fire buddy" hand axe too.) This (fubar) is heavier ? tougher?
                  (should now be CharlieRFD,past,Pres.), but I've had this screen name for so long, I'm keeping it..., besides I'm Deputy Chief now.
                  BE SAFE OUT THERE
                  NEVER FORGET
                  GOD BLESS THE 343 AND 60, MAY GOD GRANT HIS PEACE TO THEIR LOVED ONES.
                  IACOJ
                  F.O.O.P.

Comment

fUBAR

yeah i also have been usin it on some odd jobs, i went down to our machine shop today and the guys are goin to weld me a adz on one side like the halligan. This should make for a better tool. Oh yeah, and we are goin to put a window punch on the top part of the tool.

Comment

pictures, when you can take them?
                      The good thing about this job is that we have done so much, with so little, for so long that we can do everything with nothing...... which is what is wrong with this job.
                      KTF | DTRT

Comment

pic

Originally posted by MattyS View Post
                        pictures, when you can take them?
                        yeah i will do that, they are workin on it now......

Comment

FUBAR in USE

We keep one on our truck and it works well ripping plastic window sashes out. I'm going to get for for personal use. The pointed end doesn't do well against auto metals (prying up to expose engine) Stick with a good haligan for that.

Also noticed it wasn't a "two handed" tool. Keep it safe fellas.

Comment

Here ya go.....

------------------------------------
                            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                              hey there silly ............I think he meant pics of the altered FUBAR tool.........the links on page one take ya right there ................BUT
                              .............I could be wrong.
                              IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                              Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                              ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                              RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                              LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                              I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                              "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                              http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Originally posted by Weruj1 View Post
                                hey there silly ............I think he meant pics of the altered FUBAR tool.........the links on page one take ya right there ................BUT
                                .............I could be wrong.
                                WHOOPS!!!

I didnt read that post!

Well at least I can save people the trouble of clicking the link
                                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X