Sides of buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sides of buildings

When assigning sides to a structure (Side A, B, C, D), how do you assign sides to, say, an "H" shaped apartment building?

Sides of the Building

We don't consider the "sides" to be the walls so it would be the same as a rectangular building. This does not provide fine detail in extremely large, irregular buildings but keeps the issue of "sides" fairly straightforward.

Cheers,
    Ed Hartin, MS, EFO, MIFireE

Comment

We deal with H Types on a regular basis. We break the building (not the exposures) down this way. Looking from the front, starting on left is the A wing. Going to the right you will come to the Throat (the narrow part connecting the wings), next will be the B Wing...if it is a double H then we come to another Throat and then the C Wing. The wings are divided into front, middle and rear.

Example:" Ladder xxx Roof to Batt. xx, we have fire in the A Wing, rear, extending into the Throat."

Comment

Ladder XX Roof to Batt XX, fire is in the rear of the a wing with fire showing from 2 windows K

Comment

agree with Mattyj

Here in louisville , we have alot of these structures. Much like mattyj thats how we have done ours. Or should i say trained, we have made fire in an H but i wasnt on duty. No double H i know of here in louisville, but thinks for the tip if it comes up.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X