Backdraft caught on video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backdraft caught on video

Not sure if this was ever posted here or not. I found this on You Tube today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIilh_7nFI
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi

That is awesome...... sending it to billy g....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Incredible video. We may see flashovers often, but backdrafts are pretty rare. Anyone have any additional information about this fire?
      -------------------
      "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
      -----------------------------------------------
      Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Very good video! Thanks

Comment

I just took a class with Mike Dugan, Champ (both of FDNY), and Mike Wilson (BC with Charlotte FD) and they had it in their power point presentation. I believe it was said that the video came from a police dash cam in Ohio. I forget the name of the City, maybe Freeport or Freemont. It is an awesome video that I have been able to show to a couple of the classes that I have taught.
          Real men wear kilts. www.forourfallen.org

Comment

It says ST J PD on the top of the video and those look like Ohio highway signs. Whatever help that is.
            I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen the backdraft from PA? I believe it happened in New Brighton (same place as the train derailment a few weeks ago) Our fd has a copy of it on video for some strange reason. BE SAFE

Comment

Wow, even with knowing the film was a backdraft, all the signs were clearly there. Hope the brothers involved were all ok.
                'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Comment

Thats certainly not something you see every day. Wow...
                  Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
                  RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
                  Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

WOW watched it over and over. showing both the guys on the Ship's Fire Department and and the one I volly.

Comment

Originally posted by DonSmithnotTMD
                      It says ST J PD on the top of the video and those look like Ohio highway signs. Whatever help that is.
                      Nope; not Ohio signs. Those signs are standard Federal Highway signs. US Route 2 and US Route 5. Route 5 runs North/South while Route 2 runs East/West. The only place these two highways cross is in St. Johnsbury, Vermont. From the directions on the street signs, my guess is that we are seeing a fire that occured on Railroad Street between Eastern Avenue and Portland Street.

I love a good mystery.
                      Last edited by Steamer; 11-25-2006, 03:17 PM.
                      Steve Gallagher
                      IACOJ BOT
                      ----------------------------
                      "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

That was awesome but was that a BACK DRAFT or a SMOKE EXPLOSION. It looked as if it had already vented and they were hitting it and then it went KABOOM. I always thought a Backdraft was caused by a lack of Oxygen and then when it was Inrtroduced it went BOOM? From here it looked as if was rolling pretty good. Doesnt matter.. Glad to see the guys walk away..

Comment

Anybody know how to save this file to a hard drive? I'd like to use it in a training presentation.

Comment

Great video you do not see this on a normal bases, and even cooler it was caught on video. the best is for it to be put on the web is awesome. Thats a keeper for the teaching files.

Comment

Originally posted by ldgary
                              Anybody know how to save this file to a hard drive? I'd like to use it in a training presentation.
                              Try this free program Video Downloader It works with Firefox and lets you save videos from Youtube, Google, and a bunch of other sites.
                              -------------------
                              "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
                              -----------------------------------------------
                              Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X