No announcement yet.

Halligan or Axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either one...as long as it's not a TNT tool!

Comment

Thats why you grab the IRON'S

If you did'nt notice there is an 'S on the end of that. LOL I'm for the multi tool aproach. I would hate to get to a wood frame home just to find a cinder block safe room in the center that we need to get in to from one of the side walls.

ie; Vic hiding or waiting for help and a ceiling comes down in front of the safe room door.

Going back to the truck is not an option,for me.
      I'ts better to have and not need than to need and not have

Flat head axe and Halligan go to gether like bisket's and gravy.
      Or for us vet's Stink on ****
      sigpic
      K Dugas
      Duson Vol.Fire Dept.
      FF1 Haz Mat OP's

Comment

Originally posted by HolleyFF241
        Here's my feeling on this subject:
        So shoot it with a silver bullet.
        I was always taught to bring both.As mentioned before,it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.That's why,as a towboat Mate,I'd always carry a spike pole on the barge when we were tying one up to a dock or a fleet.Yes,the dock lines might be in easy reach,but what if they aren't.
        Same with the tools we need for opening doors,breaking up walls,etc.We might not need the tools to inspect a house full of ceramics and the resident will much prefer we didn't have them on a rookie(me).But if there IS more than just the smell of kool whip bowls melted in the dishwasher involved,you're going to find that you should have had them already.

Comment

I take my officer as he is a "tool". I pick him up and throw him through the door. No really we have 3 on the line. Nozzlemen (nothing) Officer 6' foot pike pole and Irons man uses a halligan and Flat head axe combo. Some guys use the new #-n-T. (I didnt use a brand name here lol). The Search n Rescue crew have another Axe - halligan kit. They dont use a hose. But that topic was already done.
          Have a good 1

Comment

Halligan

Born and raised with a halligan in my hand. As a truckie I also bring a six foot roof hook. The other end of the hook has a pry end. Man talk about leverage. It too is rather more versatile than you might think. And I'm not talking about one of those wussy fiberglass jobs. Steel.

I just get this warm fuzzy feeling inside when I have my halligan in my hand.

A halligan makes quick work of forcing entry, breaching, popping windows, anchor points, you name it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X