Flashlight Divisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlight Divisions

hey everyone. i am about to purchase the Survivor right angle flashlight. however, i was looking at other models and some have different "safety division" levels. the one i am looking at is a division 2. others i have seen are division 1. what does all of this mean??? thanks. stay safe everyone.
    2009 Warren County Firefighter of the Year

Last edited by Nine3Probie; 07-28-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinFFVFD
      hey everyone. i am about to purchase the Survivor right angle flashlight. however, i was looking at other models and some have different "safety division" levels. the one i am looking at is a division 2. others i have seen are division 1. what does all of this mean??? thanks. stay safe everyone.
      Division 1 and Division 2 are Hazardous Location classifications. If you go to http://www.ul.com/hazloc/div.htm it gives you a bit more of an explanation. The proper terminology for this is Class 1 Division 1 or 2. There is also Class 2 Divisions 1 or 2. It is a system for classifying the hazards of an area and specifying the ratings for electrical equipment.
      Shawn M. Cecula
      Firefighter
      IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

cool. thanks. just wanted to make sure i was getting the right thing. i dont do any hazmat operations, so the class (or division) 2 light would be good. thanks again.
        2009 Warren County Firefighter of the Year

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X