Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial tactics

Hi,

I am from Hamburg (Germany) FD and I`m searching for any published internet-sites, books, downloads, SOP`s, etc. on aerial tactics.

I know the IFSTA Aerial drivers/operators handbook. I find this quite good.

Who can help me to get further information material?

Best regards and stay safe...
    Jan Ole

Here's a link with our SOPs.

http://sageauthoring.com/index.htm#Directory%20Lisitng
    IACOJ Member

Comment

Hi,

is there nothing else but these two sources (IFSTA-Book and FDNY-SOP) for learning aerial technics and tactics?

How is an aerial ladder operation trained?

Jan Ole

Comment

The new Fire Engineering magazine has two great articles on aerial operations/tactics.

Comment

Try Harold Richman's Book

Originally posted by AerialTrainer
          Hi,

I am from Hamburg (Germany) FD and I`m searching for any published internet-sites, books, downloads, SOP`s, etc. on aerial tactics.

I know the IFSTA Aerial drivers/operators handbook. I find this quite good.

Who can help me to get further information material?

Jan Ole
          Jan,

I spent 10 years as the Captain of a truck company and read a number of books. One that seems to stand out in my mind is "Truck Company Fireground Operations" by Harold Richman. I have an edition with a copywright of 1986 that was published by NFPA. The ISBN is 0-87765-317-8. I learned a lot from it. It has a lot of good basic information that covers all aspects of truck company operations. If you are interested and have trouble locating it, let me know, I think we have a couple of editions at the house. I will send you one.

Comment

Fire Engineering publishes Truck Company Operations by John Mittendorf from the Los Angeles FD. I thought it was a good book.

I also agree with the recommendation for Truck Company Fireground Operations mentioned above, its not a big book but it gets to the point and covers the basics well.

Any good book on fire tactics should also cover basic aerial tactics pretty well, 2 of my favorites are Firefighting Principals & Practices by William Clark and the Firefighters Hand Book of Tactics by John Norman both published by Fire Engineering, both authors have a long history with the FDNY.

Comment

Get in contact...?

Hi,

Originally posted by ChiefChip

"Truck Company Fireground Operations" by Harold Richman. [...] I think we have a couple of editions at the house. I will send you one.
              This would be great. Please leave me your E-Mail for getting in contact.

Jan Ole

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...