Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are the new Pro Tech gloves ok?

Comment

L loved the Chiba's. The only reason I stopped wearing them is because my dept changed their regs on non issue gloves, so I couldn't wear them anymore. IMO, they are one of the best gloves out there, but everyone has different tastes. They held up very well for me on fires. Although they are too bulky to be used as extrication gloves, but that is nothing a pair of $10 leather gloves from the hardware store can't fix.

Stay Safe
      Chris Polimeni
      Prince George's County FD
      Back at the Big 29er

Comment

Originally posted by cap6888 View Post
        L loved the Chiba's. The only reason I stopped wearing them is because my dept changed their regs on non issue gloves, so I couldn't wear them anymore. IMO, they are one of the best gloves out there, but everyone has different tastes. They held up very well for me on fires. Although they are too bulky to be used as extrication gloves, but that is nothing a pair of $10 leather gloves from the hardware store can't fix.

Stay Safe
        That seems like a pretty arbitrary and silly rule.

As long as they are NFPA compliant, why not? Or at least give a few choices, it's unrealistic that one brand of glove will fit all hands well.
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Yeah Chief, it is silly and arbitrary, but thats politics for you. For years the rule was that we can wear any glove we want as long as it was NFPA. Now we have two choices, the issue ones (regular POS gloves with wristlets, and we have the wristlets on our coats, doesn't that make sense.) or the Morning Pride Sleevemates. The MP Sleevemate gloves are nice because of the HUGE gauntlets. They go on really easy, plus the overlapping protection. But they don't have the dexterity or waterproofness of the Chiba's. Plus they are really expensive. On a side note, one of teh members on our Safety Committee sells MP products on his side job. Thinks that make you go hmmmmmmmm. It ****ed him off to no end when I found some discontinued second generation Sleevemate gloves for $50 on Ebay and put the info on our Union website.

Stay Safe
          Chris Polimeni
          Prince George's County FD
          Back at the Big 29er

Comment

gloves

I got 2 pairs of the pro-tech 8's. I love em and they got great dexterity. However due to the price I wouldn't recommend them if your in a real busy dept. I think I ruined a pair in a week at IFSI's FF2 academy. But back home they last me a long time.

Comment

Superglove

Search the superglove at thefirestore.com very nice lightweight and easy to move in.

Comment

Thought I'd look at this thread because it was there. I just wear what I'm issued - why buy gear? Then see people talking about 'koala' gloves. Koala skin. Interesting I thought - koalas are a protected species! What goes on here? Google is your friend. "Shelby' gave me the info, just a name they chose to pick of course! And the Aussie purple gloves? Purple! Yeck. But I agree with going for anything using (real) kangaroo hide - it's good stuff, lighter and stronger than cow hide. My motorbike jacket is kangaroo for just those reasons.

PS. If anyone tries to tell you that kangaroos are a threatened species, don't believe them.

PPS. We use Allglove "FirePro 2" gloves. They work.
                "Professional" means your attitude to the job...

Nullus Anxietas ..... (T Pratchett)

Comment

I just bought a pair of Supergloves today, since my Pro-Tech 8's are completely worn out.

They sure do go on easily and they are very comfortable.

I'll give some feedback on how they perform once they see some action.
                  Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                  IAFF Local 2339
                  K of C 4th Degree
                  "LEATHER FOREVER"
                  Member I.A.C.O.J.
                  http://www.tfdfire.com/
                  "Fir na tine"

Comment

Shoulda gotten a pair of Chibas, big Bro.
                    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                    Member, IACOJ.
                    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
                    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSboy View Post
                      Shoulda gotten a pair of Chibas, big Bro.

Nah. Tried 'em once...Didn't like 'em.
                      Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                      IAFF Local 2339
                      K of C 4th Degree
                      "LEATHER FOREVER"
                      Member I.A.C.O.J.
                      "Fir na tine"

Comment

You couldn't pry them off my cold, dead hands if you tried.

Just sent you a PM to...
                        AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                        Member, IACOJ.
                        FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
                        This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSboy View Post
                          You couldn't pry them off my cold, dead hands if you tried.

Just sent you a PM to...
                          I don't like the gauntlet cuffs on the Chibas. I have to have wristlet cuffs and I don't think Chibas offer them.

Thanks for the PM!
                          Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                          IAFF Local 2339
                          K of C 4th Degree
                          "LEATHER FOREVER"
                          Member I.A.C.O.J.
                          "Fir na tine"

Comment

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...rt_wrist_nfpa/
                            They just came out with these, allegedly for FDNY, but who really knows.
                            I have the original FLAME FIGHTERS, before they changed it due to copyrights, and I like the extended wrist.

You got it Brother, glad to hear it wasn't you.
                            AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                            Member, IACOJ.
                            FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X