No announcement yet.

Fireground Tricks of the Trade.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about, "Put the wet stuff on the red stuff"....
    Luke

Comment

• Hose Loads

Has anyone ever pulled a cross lay and it end up in a big pile of knots on the ground? or pulled off a couple of flakes and realized that the D/O has not gotten the rest. Are dept. has started to triple load the hose, basicly you loop your cross lay into three equal parts with the nozzle about tree feet longer than the loop and lace it like normal. Works great no knots no mess and all the hose comes off flaked. It is even rookie proof, we have used it over a dozen times with great sucess. try it somtime and let me know what you think.

Comment

• Hydrant bags

We keep are hydrant bags connected to the end of are LDH, well the problem is that the bags are heavy and sitting at the top of the truck. We tried keeping them on the tailboard but looks like the poo. So we leave them on top and have a short peice of hose strap tied to the handles, now we can pull the bag from the ground and throw the strap over are shoulder to carry to the hydrant and wrap around the hydrant.Works great.

Great thread good ideas.

Work smarter not harder!

Comment

• Tricks of the trade

How about lessons learned. Should of pulled a 2 1/2 inch on this fire. When theres more flames then house left, it should tell you something..... But now I know......lol

Comment

• Our you kidding me? Where our your hydrant bags kept? LOL

Just a jab, relax.
            Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Comment

• No jab to me there kept on top of the hose bed. Must be an inside joke.

Comment

• [QUOTE=PFDTruck18]Our you kidding me? Where our your hydrant bags kept? LOL

It should be "ARE you kidding me" not "our" and maybe "Were ARE your hydrant bags kept"

Just a jab though relax lol

Comment

• What the hell is a hydrant bag??? Our you going to tell me or knot?
                  I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

• Our hydrant bag is a canvas tool bag kept on the back step with ball valves for side outlets and adapters for various hydrant thread. It gets tossed at the hydrant with the line when laying in.

Comment

• Same here, not as much stuff because all hydrants in my area are the same thread.

Hydrant wrench
                      Gate valve
                      6" fire thread to stortz
                      Spanner wrenchs

Comment

• Originally posted by aneff3904
                        Same here, not as much stuff because all hydrants in my area are the same thread.

Hydrant wrench
                        Gate valve
                        6" fire thread to stortz
                        Spanner wrenchs
                        which you can put into a bag therefore making a Hydrant bag
                        "Train as if your life depends on it"
                        Always Remember *343*

Comment

• The dry erase marker will write on the face of the gauge very well too. It can also be used to write the address of the run on the officer's door window or a small dry erase board fastened to the dash.
                          Last edited by AC1503; 07-08-2006, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aneff3904
                            We keep are hydrant bags connected to the end of are LDH, well the problem is that the bags are heavy and sitting at the top of the truck. We tried keeping them on the tailboard but looks like the poo. So we leave them on top and have a short peice of hose strap tied to the handles, now we can pull the bag from the ground and throw the strap over are shoulder to carry to the hydrant and wrap around the hydrant.Works great.

Great thread good ideas.

Work smarter not harder!
                            Man, are you slow or what?

Try using "our" and not "are" in many of the sentences in your above quote.

So slow he didnt even get it!

Just a jab.
                            Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Comment

• Thanks

Thanks,
                              I would like to thank PFDTruck18 for hosting the latest web cast on sentence structure and correct use of the English language. It’s perfect people like him that makes people go on random shooting spree, because we all now how formal the threads are on Firehouse. Com.

I would also like to thank him for the input on this particular thread those tried and true tactics that he has shared. I’m glad your taking liking to the ball busting on me I guess I will just weather the storm.

Comment

• keep a towel in your engineers compartment. When you've got a poor connection on your suction inlet or a discharge line, drape the towel over it to cause all the water spray to drool onto the ground instead of all over your panel and you.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X