Truck Company equipment "MUST HAVES"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    TWO saws? Nah, I think that will be 4 Saws,18 hooks in various configuratons, couple denver tools,Lockbreakers,Door Storm,Various axes, Good selection of ground ladders, Ropes, Rit gear,Gas meters,salvage gear,straight crowbars,bottle jacks,dung forks,masonry pick,chimney gear,plumbers snake. T.c.
    haha.. you must have LARGE trucks
    "....train as if your life depends on it, because one day it could.."
    .....Leather Head N6A
    Tillerman..... The best job in the FD!!!

Comment

I agree wholeheaertedly with 2 saws...one metal, one wood...but i prefer the Cutter's Edge saw for standard roof work.
      FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

Personally, one of the most useless tools I have ever used is the Hux bar. PLEASE do not waste any money buying that.
        Crazy, but that's how it goes
        Millions of people living as foes
        Maybe it's not too late
        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
          Personally, one of the most useless tools I have ever used is the Hux bar. PLEASE do not waste any money buying that.
          haha its funny you say that, because we have one in our wide variety of tools and out of the 3 years ive been on this truck, we have NEVER used it.. haha
          .....Leather Head N6A

Comment

Originally posted by thomasldixon33 View Post
            haha its funny you say that, because we have one in our wide variety of tools and out of the 3 years ive been on this truck, we have NEVER used it.. haha
            We had them on all the ladder trucks and when 2 of the ladders went and were replaced with quints they made the move to the quints. So we still have them on any apparatus with an aerial ladder.

I have seen it used once to lift a manhole cover...OOOPS, I mean Utility Access Opening cover. I slipped off the PC wagon for a second!!
            Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Chain saws for cutting branches so the truck doesnt get scratched. Rotary saw for venting.

Comment

Originally posted by rescuedawg View Post
                Chain saws for cutting branches so the truck doesnt get scratched. Rotary saw for venting.
                hahaha nice..
                .....Leather Head N6A

Comment

This may seem odd, but some form of chimney kit is helpful.
                  We ran as a truck to a chimney fire this weekend and it was helpful to have mirrors, dry chem bombs, and chain weights (window weights) to use from the roof to knock the single most clogged chim fire i've ever seen. All this stuff takes up the space of half a rope bag. (The engines carry a kit with an ash pale and scoop.)

Sounds corny, but it is the small, space conservative things you forget about til you need em...just my 2 cents...
                  A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Comment

Originally posted by len1582 View Post
                    In addition to all the hand tools mentioned a TIC and some sort of door opening tool, like a Rabbit Tool or two.
                    I agree with Len, but you may have different forcible entry challenges in your area. Get the forcible tools your guys know and love.
                    A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Comment

Originally posted by rescuedawg View Post
                      Actually, our trucks and quints on my career FD carry 3 saws. A Cutter's Edge Chain saw for veting, a Husqvarna rotary saw, and a Stihl chain saw for cutting up trees.
                      Maybe it's not too late

Comment

I would much rather carry a Stihl to the roof than a rebadged Husky...

Sorry, had to throw that jab in there
                        Career Firefighter
                        Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                        I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Every service truck carries both a K-12 and a chainsaw, which includes our 3 small service trucks as well as our heavy resue, light rescue and primary tanker.

Typical residental fire we'll put 3-4 of each saw on scene. Commercial fires we may put as many as 5.
                          Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                            I would much rather carry a Stihl to the roof than a rebadged Husky...

Sorry, had to throw that jab in there
                            And I will take that rebadged Husky all day over our old, tired, too damn heavy for what it did, Stihl.

But then again to each his own!
                            Maybe it's not too late

Comment

In my opinion to have an adequate truck company you need a truck...

Comment

Originally posted by CGITCH View Post
                                In my opinion to have an adequate truck company you need a truck...
                                Sighhhhhhhhh, yep.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X