• Show
Clear All

• webteam
    replied
    Thread is being closed - off topic.

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    [[email protected];1245190I take time and pride in meticulously loading my hose bed so it does not bind up or spaghetti on me while pulling it. I train repeatedly on how to deploy my hoseline and flake it out so it charges without kinks.[/QUOTE]

Are you a one man fire department? That is about the only way it could be your own hosebed. Are you the only one that loads the hose? Must be nice being superman.

Leave a comment:

• nyckftbl
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

To answer this statement. If the line is charged and it has kinks then for sure it is everyone's job on the fireground to address kinks. What I am referring to is people feeling like they are helping by trying to flake out hose as it's being deployed and is on the ground. Again it goes back to discipline, and being a professional.

I take time and pride in meticulously loading my hose bed so it does not bind up or spaghetti on me while pulling it. I train repeatedly on how to deploy my hoseline and flake it out so it charges without kinks.

This might be the stupidest thing I have ever seen on this forum. I didnt think anything could top some of LA's stuff....but wow....

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    You brought this all on yourself now please just go away.
    True, he did, but there are lots of questions in this thread he's chosen to ignore.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Buh Bye Brandon, you simply are another in the long line of trolls, and people hungry for their 15 minutes of fame. Even if that 15 minutes loses you any chance of ever being taken seriously. You brought this all on yourself now please just go away.

Leave a comment:

• voyager9
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnVBFD View Post

So now YOU are the one pulling the hose? In the 360 thread you were walking with the officer because he trusts your ability to read smoke and conditions and is afraid to get lost walking around the house.
    I thought there was skipping involved

Anyway, it seems the only Bored Firefighters are the ones keeping this thread alive.

Leave a comment:

• JohnVBFD
    replied
    To answer this statement. If the line is charged and it has kinks then for sure it is everyone's job on the fireground to address kinks. What I am referring to is people feeling like they are helping by trying to flake out hose as it's being deployed and is on the ground. Again it goes back to discipline, and being a professional.
    Again, with the average 3 person company in the US Fire Service (Driver, OIC and 1 firefighter), we are all supposed to stand around and watch that 1 firefighter stretch a line by himself because I am on Company Umpdeesquat and he is on Company Indeep$hit.

I take time and pride in meticulously loading my hose bed so it does not bind up or spaghetti on me while pulling it. I train repeatedly on how to deploy my hoseline and flake it out so it charges without kinks.
    So now YOU are the one pulling the hose? In the 360 thread you were walking with the officer because he trusts your ability to read smoke and conditions and is afraid to get lost walking around the house.

Wow.
    Last edited by JohnVBFD; 02-03-2011, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brandon@firevidz.com
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Oh yeah, so was the "Unique Fireground Tactics" website mentioned earlier yours or not?
    I have never heard of this guy or his website.

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    Have you ever actually BEEN to a working fire - as a firefighter? No one should except the nozzleman and his backup man should help flake an uncharged hose line? What are you talking about? If I'm putting hose on the ground, I want all the help I can get getting flaked and positioned whether it has water in it or not. What makes this "unprofessional?"

Right, because you're on the only one ever pulling a hoseline off of your rig. What happens when you have to pull a hoseline off that was packed by someone other than you? What happens when you're not assigned to pull the hoseline? Your "discipline" tells you to stand and watch the uncharged line get kinked up because it's not charged yet? Those of us actually performing the tasks everyday know the difference between professionalism, discipline, and being bored on the fireground.

I'm with the others. I refused to click the link to your website, simply based on your posts here.

Oh yeah, so was the "Unique Fireground Tactics" website mentioned earlier yours or not?

Leave a comment:

• brandon@firevidz.com
    replied
    [QUOTE=JohnVBFD;1244918]Um, why not? So you are saying just leave a pile of spahetti on the ground because "its not yours"? Any hose that is on the ground should be faked out by anyone who passes it. As the line goes so goes the fire.

Leave a comment:

• brandon@firevidz.com
    replied
    Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
    Damn, You just got to hate it when you get found out! Like FyredUp said, Brandon, take your ball and haul arse! You are a mutt and a Troll and we don't need you here.
    Seriously, This is what we get to expect from our brother firefighters is a 12 year old game of name calling. Sad

As far as trying raise revenue and so on and so forth. The site does not have any advertising.

Leave a comment:

• rm1524
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    It's called "Discipline." Works hand-in-hand with the Unified Chain of Command as well as Standard Operating Procedures. Basically, you do something you are not supposed to do, you'll get one of several courses of action, which depend on the severity of your dumbassedness.....It could range from a discussion and ***-chewing from the Company Officer to receiving a short vacation to receiving a permanent vacation.
    Ding-ding-ding. We have a winner.

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    So Brandon,

You have been exposed as another puke pretending to be what you aren't. Fantastic. I figured you were just here pushing your site trying to boost visits to boost ad revenue.

Okay, now just go away because you will NEVER have any credibility here.
    Damn, You just got to hate it when you get found out! Like FyredUp said, Brandon, take your ball and haul arse! You are a mutt and a Troll and we don't need you here.

Leave a comment:

• pipeman_shortname
    replied
    The topics on the FB page were the same, but they appeared more like an outlet for an angry kid to tear ff's aprt. The video commentaries consisted of long run-on angry rants. Sounded more like a veiled ff hate site.

He had some fuming OTJ guys hot on his trail in short order.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    So Brandon,

You have been exposed as another puke pretending to be what you aren't. Fantastic. I figured you were just here pushing your site trying to boost visits to boost ad revenue.

Okay, now just go away because you will NEVER have any credibility here.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X