Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hrtrescue10
    replied
    It's all about liability. NFPA standards are set for protection, but also set precedents for court cases. While you may get by using extrication suits, if ever someone got hurt, you might as well open the checkbook, you don't have a leg to stand on, sad to say.
    Also, look at the protection afforded by the 1951 standard vs. the cotton extrication suits. If you are a true USAR team, then you can never predict what situation you will be getting into and any given day.

Just think about your decision long and hard, I don't envy your position. We went through it, and luckily the bean counters and check writers agreed, and we went with the 51 standard, and love our gear.

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    Originally posted by jmr3865 View Post
    Looking for type of extrication gear for ems. Must be 2 piece. Any suggestions?
    According to my local EMS agency...shorts, tanktops, bathing suits, and flip flops are ok.

Leave a comment:

• Umbro98765
    replied
    USAR / Extrication Gear

I have a question on the same lines. We are currently trying to equip our rescue team with gear for use on USAR deployments but also useful in everyday extrications, tech rescues, etc...

The gear that is NFPA 1951 Compliant is arround the same price of bunker gear. The whol point of using USAR gear is to save wear and tear on the "more expensive" firefighting gear. I understand it is also lighter, but in admins eyes its simplya money thing. My question then is, does any one see any problem with using the "extrication" coveralls that have been mentioned earlier? I know they are not NFPA garmets at all, but neither are the current BDU's that most usar teams wear for the majority of their operations. This would still allow for us to use our structural gear if a higher level of protection is needed. Any thoughts on this owuld be great.

Leave a comment:

• nc1130
    replied
    Might want to follow NFPA Guildlines - NFPA 1999 for EMS Gear and NFPA 1951 for Extrication. Just ordered 40 sets of 1951 gear - Coat, Pants, Gloves, Helmets w/ goggles, Safety Shoes $55,400.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedic245
    replied
    I would check into Globe Tech Rescue.

Leave a comment:

• chfd158
    replied
    id say check out globe ems gear or just globe gear in its entireity

Leave a comment:

• Firescueguy
    replied
    Check these out...

http://www.fire-rescueoutfitters.com...g/ext_gear.htm

**Scroll down to 3rd pic...this is 2 piuece gear**

http://www.fire-rescueoutfitters.com...s_clothing.htm

Hope this helps. Stay Safe....

Leave a comment:

• hrtrescue10
    replied
    That is broad question.
    Do you want to spend $200 and get FR Cotton or lightweight nomex? Basically wildland fire gear labeled as extrication.
    Or, $800 and get an NFPA certified USAR garmet with a Bio hazard resistant barrier such as Crosstech?

The larger EMS depts in my area go for the middle, and are wearing the Globe EMS gear, Nomex with crosstech. Kind of like a "light weight" turnout gear. All the features without the heavy thick thermal liner.

Leave a comment:

• dday05
    replied
    Originally posted by jmr3865 View Post
    I assume you're talking about gear to wear? If so look in some of the magazines like Galls, Chief Supply and stuff like that. I assume you work for an ambulance company?

Leave a comment:

• jmr3865
    started a topic extrication gear for EMS

extrication gear for EMS

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X