Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blades

Originally posted by mcaldwell View Post
    Yeah, they are out of production. I hear the rest of the 24V line will be very soon too, once the 36V is caught up.

We just bought a 36V combo kit, and I am still waiting for the specialized blades to give it a real workout. So far, it is impressive though.

WHAT KIND OF BLADES ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

I also asked if they were going to produce a 36V adapter, but could not get a solid answer.
    THAT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY DID THAT..........
    BE ALERT AND STAY ALIVE
    Fire Fighter/Driver
    TLVFD, NY

Comment

Extended Battery packs

Hi a little more then three years ago I built my own battery pack for then our only saw{we now have 4}the pack was made with different battery technology then the Dewalt batteries these batteries are meant to be in a constant state of charge {you can leave them on the charger at all times}they also don't loose their charge fast. the Dewalt batteries ,or any of the power tool battery for that matter looses its charge,some thing like this 15% the first 24~ hours and 3-5% each additional Day. This Presents a Big problem when you arrive on scene and the saw has been in the truck for a week or so you may not have enough "juice" in the battery to do the Job!!!.Problem--Solution 3 6Volt Sealed Lead Acid Batteries wired in series to make 18v or 2 12 6amp in series to make 24 volt ,About 12{6+ and 6-} feet of heavy stranded cable a heavy duty pouch 6 feet of 12mm Rope and a Half our of spear time.

You may raise the amp hour but keep in mind that it will make it heavier.We now have battery packs they last about three times longer the the strongest Dewalt batteries{enough for about three cars if not more}

For more info or tech support email me at [email protected]

Comment

Robopaks by aircraft dynamics are the same concept. they can be purchased at http://www.aircraftdynamics.com/firerescue.htm

They are even producing a battery pack for the new 36v Dewalt tools, which are nice tools by the way!

Comment

My department uses the 28V Li Milwaukee. It works very well. One of the best parts about it is that you can push a button on the battery and an led readout will tell you how much battery is left. And when they are on the charger the leds light up to tell you how charged it is. We have used it on extrications with wrecking blades and specialty extrication blades that Milwaukee makes. You can actually cut the posts of a car faster with one of these than HRT. Get a hold of your local Milwaukee tool rep and ask him for a demo and some free blades. As a comparison the Milwaukee 28V is much lighter and more compact than the Dewalt 36V.

Comment

Originally posted by viperfire1 View Post
            My department uses the 28V Li Milwaukee. It works very well. One of the best parts about it is that you can push a button on the battery and an led readout will tell you how much battery is left. And when they are on the charger the leds light up to tell you how charged it is. We have used it on extrications with wrecking blades and specialty extrication blades that Milwaukee makes. You can actually cut the posts of a car faster with one of these than HRT. Get a hold of your local Milwaukee tool rep and ask him for a demo and some free blades. As a comparison the Milwaukee 28V is much lighter and more compact than the Dewalt 36V.
            Agreed. My dept also has the Milwaukee set-up.In addition to the sawzall we have the cordless metal cutting circular saw.This saw easily cut through 1' re-bar without any heat build up or sparks. We use them together during extrication. 1 FF begins cutting the roof posts and 1FF follows with the sawzall.( circular saw has limited depth ). Circular saw also cuts the windshield with ease. The uses go on and on.Check it out http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/cordless...0740-22.html.I am not a salesman for Milwaukee,just a satisfied customer.

Comment

We use corded milwaukee tools too. We have a pneumatic one too...not that it gets used all that much, but its a decent back-up and can be run from an SCBA cylinder.

Comment

Dewalt is superior

My department runs 2-3 pin-jobs a week and sometimes more. We invested in 2 dewalt 36-volt sawsalls and 2 batteries for each one with quick 1 hour chargers to recharge before the next call comes out. Let me tell you they cut like BUTTER.

It's incredible and they are so much more powerful and reliable than 18v and 24v.

Definately the way to go, also highly highly recommend the 36v drill as well, haven't found a bolt that can't be moved with that thing yet.

Michael Haggerty
                Fire Lieutenant
                Laurel Vol. Rescue Squad, Co.49
                Prince George's County, MD
                www.laurelrescue.org

Comment

we have one of the 36volt dewalts and two batteries on the one hour charger. love the saw mostly been using it on windows and a pillars.

Comment

Originally posted by csmith130 View Post
                    We carry rechargeble saws on our trucks. The batteries are constantly needing recarged. I would recommend a corded SAWZALL Heavy Duty saw.
                    I don't know if this is the issue for the "constant recharging needed" problem but we purchased the saws a few years ago. The guys wanted the chargers on the engines, so that is where we installed them. one battery was always in the charger. If you were on shoreline it would charge. Every time the shoreline was plugged in it would start a "cycle" We rool our engines about 4 times a day. So that means atleast 4 cycles a day. THE DEWALT BATTERIES ONLY ARE GOOD FOR 200 CYCLES EACH. So the batteries were dead as soon as you started the cuts they would go to low power.

We sent them to a battery shop for rebuild and maintance. The chargers at at the station and 3 batteries are on the rigs, if one is low you charge it. We also will rebuild the batteries every 2 years. No issues since.

IMO: Dewalt 24 v sawzall..... love it
                    Originally Posted by madden01
                    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Comment

Originally posted by ffmedcbk1 View Post
                      I don't know if this is the issue for the "constant recharging needed" problem but we purchased the saws a few years ago. The guys wanted the chargers on the engines, so that is where we installed them. one battery was always in the charger. If you were on shoreline it would charge. Every time the shoreline was plugged in it would start a "cycle" We rool our engines about 4 times a day. So that means atleast 4 cycles a day. THE DEWALT BATTERIES ONLY ARE GOOD FOR 200 CYCLES EACH. So the batteries were dead as soon as you started the cuts they would go to low power.

We sent them to a battery shop for rebuild and maintance. The chargers at at the station and 3 batteries are on the rigs, if one is low you charge it. We also will rebuild the batteries every 2 years. No issues since.

IMO: Dewalt 24 v sawzall..... love it

I can't agree with what you have to say more. One small item. If you are in an area where access to a battery supplier is limited you may want to look more at teh 18V sawzall. The batteries are readily available at places like Lowes and Home Depot
                      To err is human, To forgive divine and at times I am as much of both as you will ever find

Comment

Originally posted by mcaldwell View Post
                        Yeah, they are out of production. I hear the rest of the 24V line will be very soon too, once the 36V is caught up.

We just bought a 36V combo kit, and I am still waiting for the specialized blades to give it a real workout. So far, it is impressive though.

I also asked if they were going to produce a 36V adapter, but could not get a solid answer.
                        The 24V saw is out of production, or the entire 24V DeWalt line of products? I hope they have some contingencies set up since out power assist cot in our squad uses the same 24V batteries as our saw....
                        Richard Nester
                        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

It looks like the 24v battery system isn't going away antime soon. Like your scenario, many other manufacturers have adapted dewalt batteries for thier products.

The 24v - 110 adapter is long gone however...
                          Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

We run 2 dewalt 24v sawzalls, a 24v circular saw, and a 24v hammer drill. we have the batter 110 connectors. We found that if you charge them and then put them in the rig the will be good. We used to have the problem with leaving the batteries in the charger and the shore line would charge them but the batteries would only work for like 2 minutes so after we charged them and put them on the truck we haven't had any problem. we have the good old electric saws for a back up!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X