Need to Know About Holmatro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Know About Holmatro

We have just ordered 7 sets of Holmatro tools. And was just looking to know how they are, from other FFs that use Holmatro.

You should have thought about that before you bought 'em.

Just kidding. Anyway - Holmatro makes some nice tools. You should be quite happy with them.

Comment

I have used them in a few departments for 7 years now. Can honestly say that I have never had a problem with them. Easy to maintain, the oil is non-corrosive, and they are very reliable. The one thing I remember from when we switched from Hurst to Holmatro, you had to learn to adjust to how fast the tools open/close. Not sure what you are using now, but Holmatro is pretty much the cream of the crop.
      A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Any hydraulic tool in the hands of a competent operator who understands how that tool operates will accomplish what the tool is designed to do.

If you are switching from a low pressure system (5000 psi), you will want to spend some time working with the Holmotro to learn how high pressure systems react differently. While they may open and close more quickly without a load, high pressure systems (10,000 psi) tend to behave differently when you put them to work. Be careful and pay extra attention to the potential for a sudden release of energy when spreading and cutting that can result in car pieces flying off in directions where you did not intend for them to go.
        Richard Nester
        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

I think you and your dept will have no problems. I feel Holmatro makes a very good tool. I also think it's very user friendly. Did your fd demo anything before they purchased it? Good luck!!

Comment

I am sure you will really like your new tools. Keep up with maintenence as with all tools should be done. They are also a fairly light tool as compared to some others. A good bit of training should be done to familiarize yourself and the dept. to the tools. I am sure you will have no complaint's about them. What holmatro tools did you buy?

Comment

I like the part about... we just ordered 7 sets of tools... then... hey are these things any good??

Nice shopping skills!

Comment

Originally posted by Isitjustme View Post
                I like the part about... we just ordered 7 sets of tools... then... hey are these things any good??

Nice shopping skills!
                Not sure exactly what he meant, but I would go for something like this:

MANAGEMENT just ordered 7 sets of Holmatro, are they any good??
                A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

MANAGEMENT just ordered 7 sets of Holmatro, are they any good??

Thats what it really should have said... They buy the stuff.. We use them...

Comment

You won't like them, they're junk. Send them to me!
                    Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Comment

holomotro is a good company. i like there units

Comment

none

Originally posted by HFRH28 View Post
                        You won't like them, they're junk. Send them to me!
                        Don't get greedy Split them with us
                        http://www.midsouthrescue.org
                        Is it time to change our training yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeJunkins View Post
                          Don't get greedy Split them with us

once i get done playing with them, i'll list a set or three on ebay!
                          Service is the rent you pay for having space on earth.

Comment

I'd rather have a Powerhawk,(20 yr Holmatro user listens for incoming)Hehe T.C.

Comment

Have used Holmatro for a number of years now, had Hurst before that, wouldn't go back to Hurst thats for sure, unless they came up with a more user friendly design.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X