X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prnancoz
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Sep 2004

Pyroblanket

Does anyone use the Pyro Blanket to protect patients during extrication?

Pyro Blanket

We currently use aluminumized fiberglass blankets that are showing wear and it is getting to be time to replace them.

Besides the pyroblanket, can anyone reccommend other options?
  • ffmedic1006
    MembersZone Subscriber
    • Jan 2003

Pyroblanket

We do use the pyroblanket in our extrications, where I run. We got into using them through the TERC competitions. So far they have worked very well. We used two about a week ago for patient and rescuer protection during an industrial extrication where we had to use a cutting torch. The blankets took a lot of sparks and the patient and rescuers under the blanket had no idea that there was any contact with the blanket. I believe that they are an excellent resource.

Comment

• BigRig
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2003

Contact your industrial eqt supplier and take a look at welding blankets, just as an option.
      Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
      BIG RIG RESCUE

Comment

• ROOFIT
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2006

I have had the opportunity to use the Pyro Blanket on several actual extrication scenes and training events. It seems to be very flexible providing protection to both the victim and rescuers. Covering victims or sharp edges seems like a good investment for all involved. One damaged or destroyed $1400 set of turnout gear would make it very cost effective.

Comment

• FDWhitey
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2004

I ahve used them only at TERC events. unfortunately, my department will not purchase them. I also ahve a pair of the Pyro extrication gloves...LOVE THEM!!!

whitey
          Situation dictates proceedure!

Margate Fire Rescue Extrication Team
          www.fdwhitey.com

Comment

• fdsq10
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2004

Yes, We carry them on our Squads and Truck companies. We had the opportunity to use them in our flashover simulator wraped around a dummy, after several flashovers we were impressed as to how well they held up. The rep was with us during the test and was happy with the outcome. STAY SAFE

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...