Battery Operated Combi Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Operated Combi Tool

Check out and use the LKE-55 combi tool from Hurst. AWESOME as far as battery tool goes.

Battery Operated Combi Tool

We were looking into one of the battey opperated combi tools. I've gotten a chance to play with the Holmatro for a couple of minutes, but not the one made by Hurst. I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on either one of them, goo or bad. I realize that they are what they are, and that they are not a real answer to a true hydraulic tool, but on a rig that may be first on scene it may be beneficial.

Comment

Battery tool

I must recommend the battery over hydraulic tool by Genesis Rescue Systems...normally I would not get involved in recommending specific brands, but our heavy rescue co. and USAR guys have been using them for 3 years and have nothing but positive things to say...good luck.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GhettoBatt1
        I must recommend the ***** ** ****...normally I would not get involved in recommending specific brands, but our heavy rescue co. and USAR guys have been using them for 3 years and have nothing but positive things to say...good luck.

Mike
        If you want to recommend a brand sign up for an account so we can see actually who you are verses a "guest post", kinda having the ability to duck and hide makes everyone not listen to opinions, sounds more like selling
        The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
        proof of His absence.

Comment

Try them all

It depends what you are looking for in your tool choice. Weight of tool, cutting and spreading forces, speed of the tool, etc.

Hurst-lightweight
          Genesis- Powerful - good charge time for use of tool
          Holmatro- not the lightest or strongest/good all around tool

I have used all three in training only. This is what I have found to be true about them. Keep asking and trying them all out. Then make your choice.

Comment

I got a chance to use the LKE-55 last month during a Heavy Truck Rescue class. A Hurst vendor was there and let us try it out. I was not impressed. It was very slow(not very powerful). But it more or less worked. I'd like to try the Genesis.
            Last edited by jeremymader; 11-17-2006, 09:20 AM. Reason: clairification

Comment

WOW, Lt 387, relax brother, let the guy have an opinion, and no I don't know who he is but I would guess OHTF-1 or Cincinatti or Columbus Fire?
              I am a Genesis Dealer and my imput is as follows,
              Electrohydraulic or Battery Powered Tools can be found from
              Power Hawk(Cutter and Spreader)
              Genesis(2 sizes of fullsize cutters, fullsize spreader, combi tool)
              Holmatro( I know atleast a combi and possibly a cutter version)
              Hurst(combi tool)
              Centaur(Combi tool)
              Kinman of Indianapolis(I think is out of business but they had a cutter and a spreader)
              There is some Asian/Korean Guy(No Offense) who has some kind of system I see at all the shows.
              I have used every one on the market(Except the little Korean/asian guys) over the last few years and I will say no more out of my prejudice for Genesis. I am just informing a brother. My advice is try them all.

Comment

Shrek... It is not that I am getting worked up about an opinion, everyone is entitled to one, however I am fed upwith sales people getting sales jabs in as "Guest" posts. IMHO, allowing "guest posts" was a bad idea from the webteam (no offense webteam).
                The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
                proof of His absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant387
                  Shrek... It is not that I am getting worked up about an opinion, everyone is entitled to one, however I am fed upwith sales people getting sales jabs in as "Guest" posts. IMHO, allowing "guest posts" was a bad idea from the webteam (no offense webteam).
                  This forum stuff cracks me up...because I dont have the kind of time to sit and post enough warstories and opinions on firehouse.com forums to justify paying for a membership, I am automatically a salesman hiding to promote a particular brand- pretty classey comment Lt.387...I guess I'll just keep my recommendations on the "hush"-good luck to all who were ligitimately interested.

Comment

Originally posted by GhettoBatt1
                    This forum stuff cracks me up...because I dont have the kind of time to sit and post enough warstories and opinions on firehouse.com forums to justify paying for a membership, I am automatically a salesman hiding to promote a particular brand- pretty classey comment Lt.387...I guess I'll just keep my recommendations on the "hush"-good luck to all who were ligitimately interested.
                    it's free to register

Comment

Mho

My paid department has three of the Hurst units and my volly department has two of the Powerhawk sets...my money would be spent on the Powerhawks. The Hursts do the job, but in my experience, the Powerhawk does it better!
                      Pray for the dead, fight like hell for the living! - Mother Jones

Comment

Originally posted by GhettoBatt1 View Post
                        Since you don't have time to sit and post, you apparently do not have enough time to figure out that it is FREE to register here. So, in case you missed SharpTJs posting.... here is another one for you.

IT IS FREE to register here.... and you can come and go as you please (I take breaks from this place when I realize I am getting addidcted again!).

Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!!!
                        Richard Nester
                        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Lieutenant387
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but I agree with the LT, guests should not be allowed to post.

Comment

For the "forum" experts...there is an ongoing bug with the forum software. Newly registered users show up as "guest" for about 3 months. You can't post here without registering.

and why anyone would waste money on the "memberzone" is a mystery to me.

Ok, continue on with discussion...
                            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Any particular brand name that should be AVOIDED?
                              That might narrow it down some, at least for me.
                              E.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X