A new breed of Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new breed of Hybrid

A new breed of hybrid is beginning its introduction...the school bus. Nineteen new hybrid school buses are being delivered to 11 states. The buses are manufactured by IC Corp and supposedly reduce fuel consumption by 40%.

Hopefully responder information will soon follow.
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

Wonder if they are similar to these...
    Attached Files
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Gm supposedly makes a hybrid bus. But I have been unable to find any ERG information just as the new saturn Vue beginning delivery. Does anyone know who makes these busses being delivered to contact them for an ERG. Alan

Comment

I'm working on that presently. Lets hope for the best.
        Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
        BIG RIG RESCUE

Comment

Check out "Orion Bus Industries" from the state of New York, they are in partnership with Chrysler.
          We have 150 or so running in some of our major cities here in Canada.

Comment

Also take a look at www.isecorp.com They have been doing these buses for a few years now.

Did some yahoo'ing and was surprised how many of these hybrid buses are out there.
            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Still waiting for buses like this to hit the North East.....but, the one Bones posted...looks like the stokes is already to be taken off the front....(I know its not a stokes, but a quick glance, and looks like one.)

Comment

Still waiting for buses like this to hit the North East
                See where some buses are... CT, NY, NJ already have them in use, for at least a year. They are here.

Comment

I think I'd rather "play" with a Hybrid bus than a load of MEK-P. Think about every bus job you've ever done and exactly what about the operation would the "hybrid"part change.Oh,there would be changes but thinking it ALL the way thru,where and what? Securement of propulsion and stabilizing would be my number ! concerns. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42
                    Wonder if they are similar to these...
                    File Type: jpg Bus_Hybrid.jpg (21.5 KB, 114 views)
                    Well at least this one doesn't leave you guessing as to whether it's hybrid or not!
                    Trying to get guys into the habit of looking for the discrete markings on hybrids is not a quick process when you get few extrications and there are even fewer hybrids in this part of rural Canada. Maybe they should mark everything this obvious?
                    Cheers,
                    Gord
                    Nobody ever called the fire department for doing something smart.

Comment

Have recieved a reply from the guys at Orion bus. Which happens to be part of Chrysler. I had Brian load it on his site. It is not an erg, but a information doc about the bus. Alan

http://www.firegraphics.org/erg.htm

Comment

I wish they had those when I was in school. The older busses in the fleet were SOOO loud and the diesel smell when not moving was horrible. At least the newer ones had the engine in the back so they were quieter.
                        Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X