You Make the Call #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Make the Call #11

Just to let you know, "You Make the Call #11" is online. This is just one of 20 new scenarios that are to be published here on a regular basis.

The newest You Make the Call is just to prove that what you see isn't always what you get. It is about determining what has happened to the vehicle in order to better understand what has happened to your patient.

Over 500 rescuers have participated in #11. If you're interested, check it out!

Ron Moore
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

I dont agree with the final decision as to the type of crash. There are somethings that I would like to have seen to make my point but judging from the crush on the front of the car it is an obvious t-bone. You would still have front air bag deployment in this crash due to the change of velocity of the car transferring to a vector velocity due to the collision.

Comment

I agree that the vehicle looks like it has been in a T-bone collision. The side is pushed in just like a side impact would do. I also agree that the frontal airbags are deployed just like when a frontal collision occurs.

But, the reason I created this "You Make the Call" scenario is because I too was fooled by what I saw and I wanted to share that experience.

The two vehicles that collided did so as one made a turn in front of the other. The sideswipe crash started at the front of the car I showed pictures of and ran along the side as the two cars slid past each other. Both had similar damage.

Eyecue, you're right though. There must have been enough of a frontal crash in the mix to cause both front bags to deploy.

I guess looks aren't always reality at crash scenes. I was surprised when I looked in the window and saw the bags deployed.

Ron Moore<br />Forum Moderator
      Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
      www.universityofextrication.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse