Eye Protection for extrication crews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Protection for extrication crews

Anyone out there recommend a good form of eye protection that does not fog up when at a cutting job.A brand name would be good.We have tried goggles and glasses.
    Thanks
    Loader N.Z.

I use a helmet mounted goggle system from bullard and msa. The goggles are vented at the top and I use Scott lens prep inside the lens.

It sounds like you need the lens prep (anti-fog) to solve your problem.

Mike McNamara

Comment

Wiping soap on the inside lens of your glasses will keep them from fogging up also. Just make sure you wipe all the excess off so you can see.

Stay Safe

Comment

Has anyone used the new fold up, wrap around goggles. A much small version, then the standard googles. How are they for extrication and do they fog up?

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: mfd-r11 ]</p>

Comment

Loader

I have been in th eski industry for many years Tried all the anti fog products out there and Sunlight soap is still the best anti fog We have found.

one small drop on each lens and rub it in remove excess and you are good to go.
          A.J.R.33

Comment

Hey AJR;

What is "sunlight soap", where can I get some, and how do I use it for anti-fogging?

Ron Moore
            Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
            www.universityofextrication.com

Comment

I usually wear Oakley M-frame glasses with the clear safety lens. They provide great protection, stay in place well, and I haven't had many fogging problems. They are ANSI approved as safety glasses. The dept says that's not enough and I have to have my helmet faceshield flipped down, but I won't comply with that rule because I can't see through my faceshield.
              These are my opinions and not those of the organizations for which I work and/or volunteer.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X