New Hurst O cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firebear30>>>>>>

PowerHawk has it's place for first response or in the trunk of a police car. For the money and the force you would be better off with Phoenix Rescue Tool or a least a true power tool. Battery operation is not a good idea to try for what we get into out on the street

Comment

In this part of the world, we use phoenix hydraulics(we have a combi tool)... in our city I mean. and it really work great for us, a little bit on the heavy side but works well!
      Thanks everyone for all the info regarding the pros and cons of both Hurst and Holmatro power tools.

*** hope to join all of you in the big one***

Comment

I am impressed that most of you are doing your research and not just buying the "latest greatest". A lot of great points. But in all honesty, can you say one is better than the other. I grew up on Amkus. Loved them (now we use Hurst). They do the job. We held a "tool duel". TNT spreaders liteally broke the casting. Hurst began leaking around the cylinder. What ever you buy, things are going to happen, mainly because most of us push them to the limits and beyond. Before you make a change or new purchase. Look at the warrantly and most important, how fast can we get our tool repaired and back in service. Look at the toxicity of the hyd oil. When reaching pressures of 9600, is 5000 really any safer? I know you have all been told to keep your blades perpendicular when cutting. Can't always do this. Like the auger. Due to the flighting, you can't make a perpendicular cut. My suggestion is buy the largest cutters and the largest spreaders with the longest spread. Remember, you are working inside that "golden hour". Buy something that will DO the job quickly and can be repaired quickly. And don't believe everything the $ale$man says.

Comment

My company uses Hurst. As far as cutting nader pins, I wouldn't try it. As far as cutting pedals,<br />we have a Hurst pedal cutter, works fairly well on the thin metal pedals but not at all that I found on the case hardened thick steel pedals. Like someone else was saying there is a room issue<br />where w/a pt in the car your more than likely not going to be able to get an O cutter in the car anyway. When the need arises to remove or move a pedal I've found that using a come along works really well to pull it out of the way.

After reading alot of these forums and the comments from this forum, they all basically turn into a Hurst vs. Holmatro battle. The last time there was actually a forum titled Hurst vs. Holmatro it went on for days and was up to like 5 or 6 pages. Alot of interesting things. I had one line that bascically summed it up....It's not how well the tool works its how well the person on the other end works the tool.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X