Makita circular saws-opinions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita circular saws-opinions???

Has anybody had a chance to try the new Makita circular saw designed w/ extrication purposes in mind?
    I don't get paid-the hours are terrible-but I'm doing what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me!

Can you tell us more I have not seen the tool yet?
    Rescue is the Art & Science of matching your tools, talents and tricks to needs of our customers!
    Carl D. Avery

Comment

I have heard that they are using them in New Zealand for auto extrication.
      Friend from a local Dept. went there and said they use them with a carbide tip bladesto cut through the A posts and the winshield in one pass.
      I haven't had the chance to try or see anyone stateside using it, but if you have let me know would like to know if this is a something that we can cut some time off our extrication times (NO PUN intended)

Comment

Any Idea about the potenial for Sparks, like on the old K-12 saws and how is about cutting through some of the exotic reinforced material? Sounds interesting Want to knwo more
        Rescue is the Art & Science of matching your tools, talents and tricks to needs of our customers!
        Carl D. Avery

Comment

Sorry for the long wait for a reply ,but here is some of what you guys wanted to know. We have 2 of these saws, just got them in the last month. They work great for newer cars that are built with the thin skin type construction, better than hyd. tool by a long shot, seem to zip through windshields with no problem-and sharp glass edges don't seem to be a problem. As far as sparks and flying material goes there are some sparks from the cutting action, but much, much less than one would have with a cut-off-wheel type saw, and most material is gathered in a chute that is emptied after use. All in all not a bad piece of equipment, we've used it to cut: door hinges, windshields, posts, and roof material-hope this answers some questions
          I don't get paid-the hours are terrible-but I'm doing what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me!

Comment

Coat 25, what's the model number for the saw you're talking about??

Kevin

Comment

Oh my god, I thought circular saws were history!!! I don't think we'll ever start using those... Our experiences are that patients always hear what is said and done, and I would believe a circular saw makes an awful noise!!!
              Our rescue truck crashed into a tree a couple of years ago, entrapping all three firefighters. Their experiences are now used to train our FNG's.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X