Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmoore
    replied
    I object to any attempt to try to rename a tensioned buttress stabilization system a "secured" buttress system. Of course it's secured! It has been "tensioned" by use of the straps.

The strut is under compression. The straps are under tension.

Carl... if it ain't broke, don't worry about trying to change it!

Ron Moore, Forum Moderator

Leave a comment:

• Carl Avery
    replied
    Well here I go, I wont tell you my opinion, cause if you have read any of the other posts you know what it is, I was recently in Burlington, Ontario for the 18 anual International Extrication Competition and Learning Syposium, I had a chance to talk with two of the guys that build Secured (a better choice than tensioned, though that is what I used to call them) Buttress System. What I came away with and I encourage you to think about in making your selection is to to Look at more than just the tool and what it achieves. Look how the tools fit into the your whole extrication package. that is set up time and ease of deployment by your average firefighter. In other words a simple effective system that can be deployed quickly and easily with minimum trianing has an advantage over a complex tool. YUP, We all can be trained to operate any of these tools in any situation, but when you up to your assets in alligaotors when you intended to drain the swamp a tool that is SIMPLE take the advantage for me. That is my opinion and it is simply that. But do think about this, Look at the BIG picture of how it all fits in to your TOTAL operation before you decide. thanks for taking the the time to read my ideas on this

Leave a comment:

• N2DFire
    replied
    Take a look at this older discussion of Tensioned BUttress systems. It might give you some "food for thought"
    http://www.firehouse.com/cgi-bin/for...c&f=5&t=000577

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic

Leave a comment:

• mdetloff@auburnhills.org
    started a topic Stablization - Who is using what??

Stablization - Who is using what??

I am currently in the process of evaluating 2 tensioned buttress stablization kits. The res-q-jack and the airshore lite kits are what i am trying to decide upon or another kit. i have done considerable research on both but i would like some outside input. if you have used either systems please let me know good or bad. thanks

Edited post- looked at the ultra heated posts from june and july and found good information. what i would like is from firefighters who use this in the field post a response and tell me what you think of ALL SYSTEMS. possibly so i can e-mail you direct for more information. Nothing more dangerous then a firefighter with an endless budget to buy equpment with. Just want to make sure i buy something the guys can use and like. I need kits for 4 rescue engines and 1 heavy rescue, any tips for deployment would also be helpful

Thanks for all the help
    Mike D

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse