Extrication Training Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extrication Training Area

We have an area to turn into a training pad it is not huge, But we are looking for any suggestions for setting the area up would be helpful.

Tasfire

Check out this website listed below. (I hope I've used the UBB Code correct!!)

This is a training facility in Australia for extrication training and has a great shot of the area and how it is set up right at the bottom of the page.....Emergency Technologies- Extrication Training
    Luke

Comment

There was a string on a simular subject here a few months ago... if you have some time, you might want to look through the archives to see if they're some ideas you can pick up there.

My County Fire Association will be building an extrication training pad in the not too distant future. My suggestions were to have both a concrete pad where you have a stable base to practice basic skills, and to also have a gravel pad with uneaven terrain where you can perform more difficult evolutions and also have less concerns for fluid leakage from vehicles. If you can put this all under roof, that would be fine, although you can't have such luxaries in the field. If you want to save money, consider just covering the concrete pad and leaving the gravel area in the elements. Of course you want to have the training site close to a driveway where you can tow vehicles in and out without much difficulty. You might also want to have a staging area nearby where you can keep extra vehicles to work with and place the ones you just took apart safely out of the way.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: MetalMedic ]
      Richard Nester
      Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

Construct a roadway complete with intersections, embankments, guardrails, trees, etc. Add some 'jersey barriers' to simulate construction. Gather a couple of semi-trailers to perform underrides, maybe a farm tractor or so. Make certain electricity and lighting is on site, along with restrooms. A hinged utility pole adds realism, along with a small pond for submerged vehicles.

Comment

Got to say there are some good suggestions here, I strongly have to emphasis the Embankment idea. We all too often practice on the straigh and level - Not a bad thing most highway surfaces are like that, but we do get our share of wrecks off the road and in precarious positions. DO Think about safety any time you put a vehicle in an unstable position You increase the danger so give some careful thought as to how you lay this out. Oh also see if you can get a fork-lift or a back-hoe as part of the package. they can be very helpful in placing the cars and and wrecking the vehicles you have to match the scenarios you are working on
          Rescue is the Art & Science of matching your tools, talents and tricks to needs of our customers!
          Carl D. Avery

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X