Cribbing Cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cribbing Cache

I'm doing some research on putting together a trailer that could be brought to the scene of a major incident if we needed more cribbing or different sizes, 6x6's,etc. Could also have some totes of BLS supplies for a large MCI on it as well.
    Do any of you have a trailer in service for your department or at least some extra equipment stockpiled somewhere readily available?
    If so what do you carry, and have you had any incidents where it was brought and used??

Thanks,
    Kevin

We carry quite a bit of cribbing on our Squad, but we do have more on our Tactical Support Unit (TSU).. It's a multi use truck with air, extra SCBA's, water rescue stuff, and cribbing. We did use it on a Semi Rollover once, and was very helpful. I wonder how much would be too much....

Comment

Dear KBUD,when i was an instructor i my dept. fire academy,we did a drill involving an overturn vehicle w/victims trapped.the scenario was that two ladder companies, using two sets of air bags raise the vehicle off its roof enough height to let rescuers in to extricats the trapped occupants.as the units were lifting the vehicle,one in the front of the vehicle and the other in the back.while raising the car the units were to crib the vehicle thus stabilizing it so the rescuers could work safely inside the vehicle. with all this said i'll try to answer you question.We used approx.90 4x4's 2 foot in length,about 20 2 foot wedges,several plywood pads 18in x 18in 2 in thick glued,and of course the airbags.as you can see you need a lumber yard to build a substantial crib for stabilization. good luck mike m

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X