Dashboard support straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard support straps

During a recent training we were doing a dash roll on a Nissan and when we got the dash to a certain point the floorboard started rising in the area by the tranny tunnel. Ripped off the plastic below the dash to find a pair of support straps that tie the dash to the tunnel. Snipped these off and the dash folded up like you'd expect from this little tin can. I was amazed by the strength of these straps.

If you're moving the dash on a car with a center console do you go for these straps first?

I've been extricating 11 years now and I've never taken any notice of these straps and what they're doing! (I certainly don't beleive I'm "tunnel-visioned" in what we are doing...)
    I read your forum and went out and did a dash roll a few days later in training for our junior members and tried it- We cut the straps and it made a world of difference to the roll!!!!

Thnaks for the insight and for opening my eyes up to quick easy fix to a common problem.

Comment

I have never seen this. I sure will look next time I open a car!

Thanks

Comment

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that didn't realize how tough these little straps are. I think you'll find that most cars with a center console have them, especially compact cars.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X