Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Problem

Hi All
    Has anyone tried to cut the A posts on a BMW convertible ? If you have, what tool did you use (Hurst, Holmatro, etc) ?
    We recently tried cutting an A post with a Hurst O cutter and could not cut the re-inforcing bar (integral roll cage) in the A post. Fortunately we were able to extricate with Plan B. Any experiences / comments would be helpful.
    Thanks

Some simple Questions, what model of "O" cutter did you use? Was it an Older model or one of the new ones? What was your goal in cutting the " A " post (since it was a convertable)?

DOES ANYBODY Know how Cip Saws would work on this same scenario, if a cut was needed?

------------------
    Rescue is the Art & Science of matching your tools, talents and tricks to needs of our customers!
    Carl D. Avery

Comment

If it's high-strength, low alloy (HSLA) steel, it's my understanding that your sawzall will just make a bunch of pretty scuff marks on it.

Comment

Most higher class convertibles have a HLSA or Boron reenforcement in the A post/windshield header. I know Volvo,MB, & BMW Z3 do though the 3 series I'm not sure. If your tools can cut that material, you should be ok though it will depend upon technique and of course whatever damage has occured.
        Recip saw-wise, I'd say it depended upon the blades being used. We had better luck with MK Morse McRippers or Lenox than with Starett, especially on "harder" stuff

Be safe,
        Dave D

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...