Trunk Tunneling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk Tunneling

What experiences have you had with tunneling through the trunk to reach victims? Did it work well for you? Any hints? Did you remove the patients through this path?

I've only done it in training. The ones I have done went very well as long as you have a reciprocating saw and hydraulic cutters. This is one of the places that Phoenix C/C cutter seemed to have an advantage since it has a fixed blade. Be sure to crib the vehicle on top well before you go placing yourself between it and the sharp metal objects you create while tunneling.

Comment

Hi! I've only seen this technique on some pictures. Is it possible to do it without a recip saw? These saws are not very common here in Germany.

------------------
      Jorg Heck
      Airbag&Co, Germany/Austria
      http://airbag.feuerwehr.org

Comment

Done it only in training as well. Once on a car on its side, and more recently for a vehicle under a semi-trailer( at Howell Rescue class in Ohio,great course). Went surprisingly fast though, basic steps were: stabilize trailer and the car; remove rear glass;open and remove trunk; remove rear bulkhead; get rescuer in and manipulate or remove seatback; slide longboard in and use strap around chest to pull pt. out while inside rescuer maintains c-spine. Inside rescuer can also use spreader to lift dash by pushing off center hump if needed. Also tried pulling seatback down using chain and comealong from rear bumper and it worked pretty well.

I got some pictures but can't figure out how to post them, any ideas??

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X