Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my IFSTA extrication book out of date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Avery
    Guest replied
    Simple Answer is YES your book is out of date, Complex Answer No, Basics are Basics and seldom change, now having said that take some time to Look at a 1990 Automoble and a Brand New One. the technology in the Automotive arena is changing so fast, just to reinforce this take a look at the current issue of FireHouse Magazine, Check out Mr. Moores Article Car they are a changing and changing fast! Also Let me say this there is NO ONE Bible of Extrication, Get your hand on as many books as you can! I have found contradicting points in most of them! READ em all and Use your head. Remember we are all students of the art (note I did not say Science) of Extrication! Dig Deep and Learn all you can and practice YOUR ART as often as you can

------------------
    Rescue is the Art & Science of matching your tools, talents and tricks to needs of our customers!
    Carl D. Avery

Leave a comment:

• Barry Friesen
    Guest replied
    I believe the new IFSTA book came out last fall. Is your book out of date? No. Just use it as a good base and use the experience of your department for the rest(new vehicle tech. I have not seen the new book but I understand a lot of the same photos appear in the new one. Hope this helps.

------------------
    Barry Friesen, Captain
    Altona Emergency Services
    Manitoba, Canada

Leave a comment:

• Michelle Latham
    Guest started a topic Is my IFSTA extrication book out of date?

Is my IFSTA extrication book out of date?

I found an IFSTA book at my fire station that is all about extrication and I'm wondering if it is out of date or if I can use it to learn as much as I can about extrication.
    It is called "Principles of Extrication, first edition" 1990
    I get to attend a great extrication class on the 18th and I want to try and be prepaired so I can understand what's going on!
    Thanks!!!!!
    -Michelle

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X