Bumper Mounted Hydraulic Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Mounted Hydraulic Tools?

What is the take from everyone on mounting hydraulic tools on the front bumper of the rescue? I do not believe this would be the best thing for the tool or the reel even if it is placed in one of those "whether proof compartments." I prefer them mounted in the box.

They are readily available, though keep accidents in mind. If some one hits you, or you hit something, there will be a lot more damage.

Comment

There are pro's and con's to this argument. What "if" the rescue vehicle can only "pull past" the soon to be dismantled car - do you have enough hydraulic hose to pull back past 30' of rescue just to get to the wreck? But can work great if you can "nose in every time". Things to consider 1) how stong is your hydraulic pump 2) how much hydraulic hose can you deploy (limited by rescue equip mfgr) 3) is this the only location for hydraulic reels on the vehicle? Really the same argument goes for reels in the back. But as firefighters we can adapt to anything!

Comment

I have had mixed feelings about vehicle mounted power supplies for rescue tools.
        they are quicker to deploy most of the time but have limited range.
        The only idea i have is if you can afford it keep a portable power unit availble for extrications inaccesible to the truck

Comment

We have a 1999 lafrance with the hydrulic reels mounted on the front bumper and a hurst omni tool preconnected. The pump is mounted in the body compartments. this setup works really well for us. we still have our 4 cyl. pump that we use as a backup or for incidents further away than 150 ft from the truck.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X