Volvo Airbag Deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo Airbag Deployment

Well again I sit here and try to figure something out. I came upon an Accident on one of our raceways(PA Turnpike NE Extension). A normal I wanna be in your lane while you are there. A Pontiac Sunfire tried moving into a lane where a late 90's Volvo Station Wagon was. It was a typical side to side impact. As I was viewing the damage to both vehicles, I noticed something strange. Both front airbags deployed. I looked again at the damage, and no front end dameage to the Volvo. I understand why the side bags did not dploy, but why did the front? Please help. Also, we tried to move the vehicle off to the side (no one was hurt) and it was locked in gear. Be safe.

I did some new tech with Volvos back in 1997 or 98. If I remember correctly, when Volvos are in a crash , they lock in gear for a safety stand point. This way they don't roll.
    As for the front airbags , the sensor is under the middle of the passenger compartment.the sensor controls all the airbags & curtains. I would suggest going to a Volvo Dealer & asking those question. I would take any photos also.
    When I went to them , they treated like gold. They showed me anything I could think of. They gave me flyers & even let me take home a video to copy. That goes for all Dealers. I have not been turned away by any.
    Just tell them what you want to see , learn , talk about , see & take pictures of.
    They love to talk about there product. Plan on spending 2-4 hours.
    I was given keys to cars in the $40,000 - $80,000 .
    I 1st heard about this from Ron Moore at 1 of his seminars.
    If you got the time , go for you would be surprised what you can learn.
    Good luck & keep us posted on what you or anyone finds out.

Jim Greene

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X