Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer to Armored Car Rescue

A Posting From Forum Moderator Ron Moore

Received a request for assistance in studying armored cars from a Fire Chief in the Rochester, New York area.

If anyone has industry contacts, knows of sources of information or has put together a program on these specialty vehicles, speak up and share with the rest of us.

Here's my reply to the Chief-

"I have actually researched this to see what information I could find out. Other firefighters have asked the same question that you have. Sure enough, I found that a major manufacturer of armored cars is here in Texas. I'm awaiting confirmation that I can tour and inspect their assembly plant to do a story.

At this point, I have no experience and no information to offer for dealing with these vehicles. My plan is to spend time at the manufacturer and then publish the info in Firehouse magazine and on our website. Stay tuned!"

Oh my god Ron, I NEVER even thought about THAT speciality Rescue Techinique. I am currently in the process of putting an informational book together for my volunteer fire department, due to the fact that we had NO idea until a week ago about all the new things out there designed to keep car occupants safe, and us UN-SAFE. I don't know what to think about the things that I ahve learned. In fact, I have been doing this for 12 years and I feel like a Rookie now, when it comes to extrication. I feel as if I have to RE-LEARN EVERYTHING! Anyway, Thanks Ron for your articvles, they have helped to IMMEASURABLE means in me helping to assure the safety of my crew(s) and myself when we are out there peeling and peeking now.
    Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Ron ,

Long time no see . Well I was wondering about the Armored Car rescue. I had a member who worked for a Armored Car Co. He said that if you have a crash with the employees trapped , they are not allowed to tuurn over the shipment until another Co. employee comes & releases them. If you start to extricate the employees they are to protect the shipment.
      I would be interested in hearing what you find out.
      Thanks Ron
      Jim Greene
      P.S. I have some Saturn photos that I think you may find interesting.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X