Why not the rear door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not the rear door?

I guess my instincts would lead me to the rear of the jeep. After seeing the collapse of the roof, the passenger side door might be a job getting open. Guess I need to hear why the majority opt for the passenger door.

I dont think the passenger door will be very hard to open, and once that it is open then you have about three feet of room vertically to work with, if you come in through the rear door, you have to crawl on your belly, and will have to maneuver around the head rests to get to the patient, if you come through the passengers door, you can work while kneeling, in my opinion, this seems more comfortable, and efficient to me.

Lets here some other opinions on this.

Comment

The way i read the question was that the access to the patient through the drivers door was not possible, so which would be your next choice? As a rule, I would always try to gain access to a patient via the opening that was closest to them. Thus, my first attempt to access would be the passenger door as it would bring you beside the patient.

If this option was not available, do to damage, then the next alternative would be the back hatch and crawl along the roof. Remeber, you are just looking the quickest and safest way to have EMS access the patient.

Comment

I would have made my primary access from the rear as the gentle man in the picture appears to have done.
        This is soley for initial patient access. From the looks of the pics I saw this window was prabably already gone from impact. My thought from gaining access from the passenger door is it may be patially blocked by the patient. From the rear I could have gained a better veiw of all sides of the patient.

Comment

Regarding the Jeep Rollover Entry Point...

Specs for the Jeep Cherokee Sport indicate that it's equipped with both driver AND passenger side air bags (http://www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/specs/index.html). This is why I opted for entry through the rear tailgate, not the passenger side door or window.

Does anyone else agree?

------------------

Comment

I must agree...You should consider the airbags, if the bag as blown then I would use the pass. door but if it has not, be careful if you go that way...also remember that being anywhere in the drivers compartment with non-discharged air bag is unsafe...

------------------
            Watch Each Other and Stay safe...
            Cap...

Comment

I Agree on using the rear door as access to the Pt. It provides the largest opening for the provider going in and it allows for additional providers if needed. With the roof of the vehicle being crushed it would be the easiest way in with the least amount of effort. I am all for ease of operation.

Comment

I think that by gaining assess through the rear of the jeep would be the fastest for EMS and they can be doing there primary survey while assess is made through the passenger door removal of the PT can then base on extent of injury

Comment

The rear door seems to be the fastest way for EMS to access the patient. After gaining entry equipt.could be moved in thru the passenger door opening. This allows room for the medic to work as well as room for any necessary equipt..

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X