Electric Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Systems

One of our neighboring departments are considering in buying a electrical rescue tool. I would like to know if anyone has this kind of tool and if so how better it is than a hydraulic tool and explain the advantages and disadvantages of such tool. myself i would prefer to use hydraulic tools but just need more information on the subject.

Link to the electronic tool website
    <A href=http://www.powerhawk.com>powerhawk.com</a>

For the record, I am a Power Hawk dealer for KY.

For the job of vehicle extrication, we don't do the job any better, we arrive at the same outcome in removal of victims. What makes Power Hawk stand out is the lack of set up time, ease of use, and with it being battery powered you don't have the danger of hydraulic reaction or "kick back". The way I like to look at the tool is that it can be used anywhere you can be, vehicle, confined space, oxygen depleted environment (try starting a gas engine without air), on a ladder, half mile into the woods, even in water (it won't short out but has to have a serious maitnence issue addressed). There are several large cities around that have used the unit for some time and continue to buy more as the stowage requirements are very minimal the are putting them on engines and multiplying their abilities.

The tool works and you seem to be opened minded, get involved in a demo and get your hands on the tool. I believe you will be shocked on what you can do. I was a skeptic of the tool at first but after I got my hands on it quickly changed.

Comment

Check out American Rescue Technologies Freedom series.

Comment

tfd, are you speaking as a customer or tool rep??? Oh, see you allowed your e-mail to be seen

Comment

My agency has evaluated the electrical units available to date and have not found any that come close to the hydraulic units in terms of performance. How do you achieve a sufficient spreading distance 36" or more from a spreader or ram with one of these units? How do you achieve a pulling force with one of these units? If the battery is damaged or runs out of juice what do you do? Finding a back up battery is more time consuming than filling a tank of gas. I started mowing lawns when I was a young lad and could understand how to put gas into an engine like the hydraulic tools use. I'm old now and still can't remember do I disconnect the positive first or the negative. For a confined space operation you can use longer hoses or hand operated tools that incorporate the pump and the tool, a few manufacturers have these now.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X