Reciprocating Saw blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciprocating Saw blades

Our department owns a 18V Dewalt Cordless saw. We are currently using the Dewalt Demolition blades for extrication. I was wondering what blades are best for cutting posts on cars? Our blades just don't seem to be doing the job.

Always had luck with LENOX 18 teeth per inch.

Get a few lenghts of which ever ones you buy, some are to short, some to long.

Comment

ZINCK 32:

Take a look at the September 2000 issue of Atlantic Firefighter where there is an article on recip. saw blades. There is also another forum on this topic here in this forum.

Train Hard, Train Safe

Comment

In a hands on demonstration I found that, while the 18 tooth bi-metal blades made a smoother cut with less grabbing and vibration, the 14 tooth bi-metal blades cut through the posts of a car roof much faster. The demolition blades makes a great saw for ventilating a stucture.

[This message has been edited by makswell (edited 02-13-2001).]

Comment

Funny you should ask that question . . .

I just stocked our rescue truck with 'cip saw blades about a week ago.

We have the DeWalt 24V cordless (w/ AC Adapter) and after talking with some local "guru's" and getting some feed back from the forum here (See related thread)

I ended up with the following for now (Ran out of "approved" money to spend before I got all I wanted)

All of the following are DeWalt blades.
          Qty - Blade Type - Usage
          10 - 8" 10/14 variable TPI - Mixed Metal/Plastic Veh. Extrication
          10 - 6" 10/14 variable TPI - Mixed Metal/Plastic Veh. Extrication
          5 - 9" 5/8 variable TPI - General Wood Cutting
          5 - 6" 5/8 variable TPI - General Wood Cutting
          5 - 6" 18 TPI - Solid Metals (Pipe, Rebar, etc)

I hope this goes along toward answering your question.

Take Care - Stay Safe
          Stephen
          FF/Paramedic

[This message has been edited by N2DFire (edited 02-14-2001).]

Comment

We use the DeWalt demolition blades with good success. Our most popular blade is the DW4865 8" with 10-14 variable pitch teeth. We get these from www.tylertool.com. I hope this helps.

Comment

We use Milwaulkee brand blades. Not sure if they fit into your saw but if they do...the one that we find best is the 12" 8/12 BI-METAL blades # 48-01-5094. We have a full set of Hust Tools but we still use the SAWZALL to cut the "A" posts and we cut right through the windsheild (cuts the glass like butter). These blades also cut through large "C" posts faster than the O-cutter.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X