"SAWS of LIFE" - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "SAWS of LIFE" - Part 2

Well as you may know if you read my post under the "SAWS of LIFE" thread, My crew just purchased a new DeWalt 'cip saw and now we need to pick some blades for it.

SO . . .

What blades do you use and why ?
    For those semi-uneducated in the ways of the saw like myself - please include information such as blade composition, length, thickness, and TPI - and anything else you think is important.

Thanks for the info folks.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen

Addendum - I know this topic has been covered before, and I have read the older threads. I'm just looking (hoping) for more and/or newer information.

[This message has been edited by N2DFire (edited 11-16-2000).]

Congratulations! We have had ours for 6 months now and love them. We have tried using standard lennox bi-metal blades, we have tried using the lennox bi-metal Fire Rescue blades, and the dewalt bi-metal demolition blades, we found that you can make more cuts with the dewalt blades. I am not sure of the TPI on the dewalt blades I think 7/14. They came with the saw. Blade length is about 5-6". Let me know how this works out for you. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for your input Capt.
      I can barely wate to get that saw into my greedie lil hands.

As an aside - DeWalt makes a training video for FIre/EMS providers. I contacted them about the video and they said all I needed to do was send them proof of purchase of the saw and they'd send me the tape. Not a bad deal. Judging from the video clips on the DeWalt web site I doubt the tape will be anything revolutionary, but it should prove to be a good In-Service starting point.

Alright folks - to all you readers who aren't posting - please give me your opinion on saw blades.

Take Care - Stay Safe
      Stephen

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...