No announcement yet.

What Do(or Would) Ya Do for Training??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do(or Would) Ya Do for Training??

Do any of your departments have organized quarterly(or more often) training in regards to vehicle rescue? By that I mean(for example) : 1st quarter- basic techniques and evolutions, 2nd quarter - inverted and side resting vehicles, 3rd quarter - hand tools, air lifting bags, 4th quarter - big trucks,school buses,etc.

And after you tell us what you have now, create the ultimate well-rounded, thorough vehicle rescue program. How would you break it down for the year? What practical work would you do? (Ron Moore's phases of rescue efficiency drills, complex scenarios like in the TERC contests,etc.)

Kevin

My department does hands on extrication training about every other month. I drive tow truck part time, and we work very closely with the towing company on extrication, as there are many situations where a tow truck can be a big help on an accident scene. This is helpful in training too as we get access to alot of the cars before they make the trip to the crusher. We set up complex accident scenes, and after a classroom session to discuss new evelutions in cars, we do hands on training, followed by a critique. It works well for us.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X