Post a Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post a Picture

Hey everyone! Post a picture of your RESCUE truck, CRASH truck, and and other pictures you have of any RESCUES.

Thanks!

------------------
    Chris Deyerle - HSFD
    Fine'em Hot
    Leave'em Wet
    ALL VOLENTEERS FF

O.K. - I'm in

Click the immage to go to my Station Bio page. Has larger text descriptions plus pictures of (almost) all of our trucks.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen

[This message has been edited by N2DFire (edited 11-10-2000).]

Comment

This is our latest home built rescue unit. We purchased a service truck from BC Tel (a telphone company) and converted it to what we needed. Total cost of the conversion and vehicle was just under $30,000 cdn.

Comment

Take a "Virtual Tour" of the rescue truck here,
        http://www.geocities.com/rsu49/rescuetour2.htm

------------------
        The information presented herin is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Comment

M G,
          That is one sweet looking Mack.

------------------
          David DeCant
          Firefighter/NREMT-B
          New Jersey, USA
          Career or volunteer we are all brothers. Just feel good for the good you do for others.

Comment

I'm not sure if I know how to do this...

This last summer, a teenager is trapped by his head. His neck is broken, a broken C-2, and crushed C-3. I understand he has no paralysis today. Note the impact from a power pole on the "C" post. And the roof is folded down in front of his face.

The "boys" did a great job.

[This message has been edited by Bikefire (edited 11-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bikefire (edited 11-23-2000).]

Comment

Pictures like this really pi** me off, Im sure your BOYS did a good job, but I really hope that they have a spare set of eyes at home, cause if you do this kind of stuff for any length of time, the odds are going to catch up with you.

Im not trying to be an a**, but we have so many factors against us on an accident scene, that we dont need to add to them by being lazy and complacent, safety glasses can be bought for only a few dollars, and only take a few seconds to put on, but one piece of plastic or metal, could ruin your eye for life.

Comment

Scene safety

As you can see in this crop of the same photo, two of our members do have their face shields down. I put mine up and down between cuts to get a better look at how we are progressing. On the firefighter's face shield to the far right, you can see how a lite misty rain made seeing thru our visors difficult. And goggles were fogging up.

RSQLT43, Are you OK with this? I thought your language was a little strong for not knowing all the details. This just happened to be the best pic, of what I thought was an interesting rescue for this topic.

It's amazing to me how a photo, which represents one second in time of a half hour job, can be judged so strongly.

[This message has been edited by Bikefire (edited 11-25-2000).]

Comment

This picture shows in more detail, the dangerous situation that is present,look at the firefighter on the left, no eye protection, now look at the firefighter in the middle, he is pulling on what seems to be weatherstripping,that to me is unacceptable.

Sorry if my language was too strong for you, Im really not trying to be an a**, or act better than anyone else,if that is the way that you guys work calls then that is your choice.

If this was an accident that I was commanding, anyone with their visor down as their only eye protection, would be standing in the cold zone.

It is stamped on the visor, that it is not approved eye protection, that brings up safety concerns, and if someone gets hurt, lawyers could have a field day with those kind of photos.

Remember, that when you put a photo on an open forum such as this someone will find a safety issue in that photo, it just happens that I am the first person to say anything.

Sorry for any hard feelings that I have caused, I just hope that you can think about the points that I have brought up, and lets all stay safe.

Comment

A little "cold weather work"
                    Pt had only minor injuries.
                    See our home at www.nsfire.org
                    Play safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by nsfdffpm:
                      A little "cold weather work"
                      Pt had only minor injuries.
                      See our home at www.nsfire.org
                      Play safe!!
                      Excellent picture... someone needs to start compiling a book of these for sale...

------------------
                      Richard Nester
                      Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

1995 Volvo - PL Custom/RESCUE 1

This picture was taken before mounting our new Lukas Simo pump and spreader holder.

Our website has many more pictures and information.

http://www.blast.net/whrs/

JH - 2250C
                        Whitehouse Rescue Squad, NJ

**bordering agency with the orange and white mack above...**

Comment

Uhoh...the Great White is attacking Some more Pictures from our website ( www.geocities.com/rsu49 )

------------------
                          The information presented herin is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Comment

That's right!

JRH - 2250C
                            WHRS http://www.blast.net/whrs

Comment

it may be time to resort to a BIG MACK ATTACK

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola