AIRBAG CYL EXPLODING UNDER FIRE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIRBAG CYL EXPLODING UNDER FIRE

HAS ANYONE HAD A AIR BAG CYL EXPLODE WHILE FIGHTING A CAR FIRE?

WE NAD ONE EXPLODE WHILE DOING A CAR FIRE TEST FOR ANOTHER DEPT ARSON INVESTIGATOR, THAT BLEW THE REAR WINDOW 15 FEET OUT BEHIND THE CAR AND GLASS PARTICALS UP TO 65 FEET AWAY.

STAY SAFE!!!

Yes!!! Airbags will exploded under extreme heat (ie a car fire) Please see my other posts regarding airbag deployment.

Also, email me at the following addy for more information:

[email protected]

Comment

Well now I learned something. I knew that they could explode in a fire, but didn't consider what kind of projectiles they would send off. Were all of the windows closed on the vehicle at the time of the explosion? Perhaps we should look into car fire tactics where we immediately break a window to allow for the pressure to release in case the airbag has not already gone off prior to our arrival.

------------------
      Richard Nester
      Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

METALMEDIC,

THERE WERE NO WINDOWS LEFT IN THE CAR EXCEPT THE REAR WINDOW. THE AIR BAG CYL WAS UNDER THE DASH ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND STILL HAD ENOUGH FORCE TO BLOW OUT THE REAR WINDOW.

I HAVE A VIDIO TAPE OF THE CAR FROM THREE DIFFERENT SIDES IT IS REALY A SITE TO SEE.

STAY SAFE

[This message has been edited by CAP182 (edited November 04, 2000).]

Comment

CAP182,

If you have a video of it exploding, you need to get in touch with Ron Moore so many can benefit from it!! I'll send an e-mail to see what we can do... thanks for sharing!

------------------
          Richard Nester
          Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse