You Make The Call "Cadillac Incident"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Make The Call "Cadillac Incident"

Welcome to the newest feature of the University of Extrication. We refer to this new segment as "You Make The Call".

This is an illustrated and interactive training project with portions still under construction. If you can put up with some glitches along the way as we get rolling, then you're invited to be one of the first to arrive at the call.

Click on the link below to respond to the Cadillac incident. It is a test of your crash scene size-up abilities.
    http://www.firehouse.com/extrication...0/A0001_1.html

Review the first scene from this crash and make a decision as to what you would do if it were your scene.

After you've completed all the decision points for this call, join us back here to discuss the incident with others.

Have fun and enjoy.

Forum Moderator Ron Moore
    214-728-6776

Ron... Once everything gets going good, I think you are onto something big as far as a little training area.... great idea.... I think it would be interesting as well to see something like what you have setup, but with a time given to the user to make certain calls that should be made in that time.(judgement area - I know) Maybe with some heavyduty MVAs requiring more action, with more happening all at once, to put a little stress on the individual, along with other case senarios involving odd-ball items. I realize even this is new on the site, and I think it is great... will come back and do it over again - just a a little feedback

[This message has been edited by JawOLife (edited October 31, 2000).]

Comment

excellent addition to this forum!

------------------
      "Performance IS Everything"

Comment

I think this is a great idea. I also think that some multi step "you make the call" senarios would be interesting. Also if you could put a little info on what was done and why. Please Ron, keep up the good work.

------------------
        Shawn M. Cecula
        Captain
        Lewiston Fire Co. No. 2

Comment

Thats cool, keep'm coming Ron

Comment

Ron, I realy like this, but would like some Feed back on what actually happend. I would Like to know what actual Air Bags deployed. My Vote ran in the 12% range and I will freely acknowledge I could be wrong, but I see this as a 3/4 Oblique impact and feel that Only the Frontal airbags would have deployed. I did not see any colateral evidence of Lateral acceleration, Hence no deployment. I again acknowledge I may not have seen things as other did. I would Love to know what actually happened. Let me say Keep up the good work and LETS see MORE!

------------------
            Carl D. Avery

Comment

I THINK THIS COULD BE SOMTHING BIG AND VERY POSITIVE.

GOOD WORK KEEP THEM COMING.

BY THE WAY WHAT REALY HAPPENED?

Comment

Nice job Ron... Are you going to post your feelings as to the best response in these scenario's? Thanks, and keep up the program.

Comment

Very nice! After a period of time, the "answers" should be posted.

Comment

A Posting From Ron Moore

After each You Make The Call scenario is posted, I will provide feedback on what actually happend.

The Cadillac in this specific incident had dual frontal airbag deployment. The side-impact airbags remained loaded.

What is really interesting is that Cadillac uses an interior trim design they call the 'active instrument panel'. The passenger's front airbag is actually hidden under the flat top of the instrument panel. When deployment is required, it is like a jack-in-the-box. The lid lifts up and the airbag pops out from beneath it.

Chrysler also has their own version of the "hidden" airbag. The lesson learned is that there is no airbag blow out panel in the dash. I can see a medic looking over at that nice smooth dash and 'assuming' that there is no airbag there.

Here's a first look inside this Caddy.....

Comment

A closer look at the Active Instrument panel used by Cadillac.

Comment

Notice the AIRBAG letters along the edge of the instrument panel. You cannot really see this ID when the door is closed.

Again, go to a GM dealer and scan the showroom vehicles for airbag IDs. They do not use this style ID for all their vehicles.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X