Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pressure airbags

Ok guys, I need your opinions.
    My dept. has 3 high pressure air bags. Love them! I have been pressuring the Boss to buy the rest of a full set without much success.
    At the moment we have only the intermediate sizes.Since our area is mostly rural, with a growing amount of medium to large industries, and heavily travelled Highways and Interstate.
    Would the large and small sizes be of that much benefit?

How often do you use them on an actual incident? Have you ever been on an incident and needed either a larger size, or a smaller size?

What Im saying is dont just buy them to complete the set unless you really have a need for them, and now that the new technology bags are out you may want to re evaluate what you have, and possibly look in that direction.

Comment

I agree that evaluating the "new technology" bags from ResQTek makes sense. I've used them many times during training and find that they have distinct advantages. Generally these advantages are the best points of low and high pressure bags.

Comment

Let's not forget High Pressure bags only lift half of their rated capacity the full height of the bag. You may want to keep this in mind when deciding what bags to purchase.

Comment

Which load charts are you looking at when you say "half the rated weight, the full height of the bag"? Using Paratech/MaxiForce as an example, and following their loading curves on the charts for their bags, they typically lift "one-third of their rated weight, one half of their rated height", and "one half of their rated weight, one third of their rated height".

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X