Need a little Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little Help

Hi Guys (and Gals). I need a little help with two things.
    1)Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the video from a few years back of the Dayton Firefighters with the airbag deploying on them in the vehicle?
    2)Is there any way other than printing them all out online of getting a copy of all of the University of Extrication articles? I am a new Vehicle Rescue Instructor and would like to use them to reference for teaching.

I guess I'll take a stab at this for you.

You can get a copy of the Dayton Airbag video from AMERICAN HEAT at 1-800-932-3386.

As for University of Extrication articles, they have been printed in FIREHOUSE magazine. Perhaps you can contact the publisher about compiling them in a booklet form??

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

[This message has been edited by rmoore (edited October 29, 2000).]

Comment

The Dayton Airbag Incident video is available for sale by Ron Shaw, owner of the Extrication.com website.

You can go to extrication.com and order your own copy.

To promote the idea of having Firehouse magazine compile back issues of the University of Extrication articles into a separate document, please write to Jeff Barrington, Editor. He is the one who can take your letters of support and get upper management approval for such a project.

It is a worthwhile project and is something that would be very beneficial to fire/rescue personnel as well as instructors. I see it looking like a thick magazine, in full color will all photos and charts and in alphabetical order by topic.

I think that the average firefighter would pay up to $25 for the entire volume of back issues from 1997, 1998 and 1999. For $10 dollars each year after that, Firehouse could complile all the 12 articles for that year when they are done. What a nice way to keep this information together and accessible to your crews for training.

Jeff can be contacted online at;
      [email protected]

Comment

To our esteemed moderator:

VEHICLE RESCUE AND EXTRICATION was published in 1991. Any possibility you could consider publishing an update and include the entire "University of Extrication" series as part of the "new" textbook???? With the changes in vehicle technology in the past 10 years, this might be a good time to put out a new book.

------------------
        Richard Nester
        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse