No announcement yet.

Cutting 'A' post with combi tool for dash roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO I vote for the Spreader to do the dash Lift, that gets the ram out of the work area and presents a decrease trip hazard. Also remember there are other options too. Including an Old stand be the Hy-lift Jack. I like to have a 99.9% Technique as my first out the door, but any and everything can happen. Remember "if Sh_t did not happen, we would not be in business". Explore all your options, pick a 99 percenter but have others in your MENTAL TOOL BOX (owe that one to B J Lamb of NYS OFPC)

------------------
    Carl D. Avery

Comment

Interesting that you would consider the ram to be a trip hazard. I was considering posting that the spreader created a trip hazard. With the ram, your tool is within the permimiter of the vehicle. With the spreader, it can extend beyond this, out in the area where you may be working. I don't walk across wrecked cars through the passenger compartment, so I don't get to concerned with tripping over the ram I place in that area.

------------------
      Richard Nester
      Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

Interesting perspective Metal, I just do not like the ram in the Door way and having to work over and around that to remove the patient. I will concede that trip hazzard may not have been the best choice of words. Keep 'em coming Metal and any body else. We all learn when we share our views on this stuff!

------------------
        Carl D. Avery

Comment

When useing the ram to roll the dash ,when the ram is fully extended you can put a wedge in the relief cut & then back the ram off. The wedge in the relief cut will only allow a little backwards movement. Then you can remove the ram.
          Sometimes you don't need the wedge.
          We teach you put the wedge in just to make sure.
          Jim Greene

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X